Favre will remain RETIRED

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Me either but it was a wise decision. Maybe now the world of football can move on. Thanks Bret, you've thrown enough INTs to last a lifetime.

Bull

I thought he would be a Viking for sure. For a competitor like Favre, I can't believe he turned down the chance to stick it to the GB brass. Is the arm healed? Must not be. Will this resurface if the Vikes start out slowly and the QBs play poorly?

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Best desicion he could make. I am very happy he decided to stay retired. Have a feeling now he will show up in the booth in the next year or two.

I really needed something to cheer me up after the Reggie Bush and Kim Kardashian breakup news. LOL

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I thought he would be a Viking for sure. For a competitor like Favre, I can't believe he turned down the chance to stick it to the GB brass. Is the arm healed? Must not be. Will this resurface if the Vikes start out slowly and the QBs play poorly?

I think the Vikings have enough QBs on there roster to get them thru the season.

Runnik's Hambones

LOL, I got in my car after the show and called Ryan cause the first thing I heard was that Favre wasn't playing this year. Crazy. Literally minutes after we signed off.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Me either but it was a wise decision. Maybe now the world of football can move on. Thanks Bret, you've thrown enough INTs to last a lifetime.

And thanks to you Favre for lighting up the end zone and making the NFL exciting to watch with your "Gunslinger" never say die attitude, and keeping the Green Bay Packers legendary as Lombardi did. :thrash:

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Thank goodness... I can't take any more Favre coverage. It's truly insane how this guy holds the NFL news cycle hostage every year.

elrocko

Eh . . . . This isn't over. He will make waves again once training camp is complete.

He will be healed and feeling good enough to kick-off the pre-season and lead Minnesota to a mediocre season.

Just go away Favre. You were great, I loved watching you during your prime, but now it is time to hang it up and let the new kids play . . .

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I'm sick of hearing about Brett Favre. He's a great QB but he is ruining his image by doing this. He just needs to go retire in the Bayou and stay out of site. Him and John Madden can hang out and talk about how great he is all day. Him and John Madden eating some alliposirrel (the bayou's turducken - Alligator stuffed with a possum stuffed with a squirrel) playing Madden 09 with Favre on the cover.

Brought this back from the thread started in May. Brett will also be sporting his Wrangler jeans.