(Fantasy Football ) Tier rankings for all positions

Jvirtue55

I have been thinking there are a lot of solid player this year that project very similar for next season so I think a key component this year will be Tiers of player grouping the players by Tiers. In my league we have 10 teams and set roster numbers so I am going to work with the numbers of drafted players in my league
 2 Team Quarterbacks
 4 Running backs
 4 Wide Receivers
 2 Tight Ends
 2 Defenses
 2 Kickers
So the first group I’m am going to work on is Quarterbacks tell me what you think who needs to move up or down a tier or who I missed all together on
Tier 1
 New Orleans
 New England
 Indianapolis
Tier 2
 Arizona
 San Diego
 Dallas
 Green Bay
 Philadelphia
Tier 3
 Atlanta
 Houston
 Chicago
Tier 4
 Cincinnati
 Kansas City
 Seattle
 Pittsburg
Tier 5
 Denver
 Buffalo
 Baltimore
 New York Giants
 Miami
 Carolina

So Start the Debate

Last edited by a moderator:

Coachnorm

Team QBs, eaglechick should like this as she plays in a league that uses that.

Offhand, I would probably bounce Arizona to the top tier. Warner is that good along with Leinart makes for a strong Backup in a team QB Situation. While we have sort of made fun of Leinart for not being able to oust Warner it is because Warner is that good. Leinart has shown the ability to be productive/potent from a fantasy standpoint with those weapons. While he doesn't have all the stuff to be the man just yet he would still be one of the most productive backups going. A shortcoming of many other backups. So I would move Arizona QBs up to the top Tier just on the basis of the production and the depth combined.

I would also move McNabb up one tier. He is that good and they have beefed up the Oline and upgraded at WR. Combined that would make me boost McNabb up a tier.

Jvirtue55

Here is my running back list Im a big rookie running back back up guy

Running Backs
Tier 1
 Adrian Peterson
Tier 2
 Matt Forte
 Michael Turner
 Maurice Jones Drew
Tier 3
 Steven Jackson
 Brian Westbrook
 Deangelo Williams
 Steve Slaton
 LaDainian Tomlinson
 Chris Johnson
Tier 4
 Clinton Portis
 Frank Gore
 Ryan Grant
 Reggie Bush (PTs for Receptions)
 Brandon Jacobs
 Marion Barber
Tier 5
 Ronnie Brown
 Joseph Addai
 Pierre Thomas
 Kevin Smith
Tier 6
 Marshawn Lynch
 Thomas Jones
 Derrick Ward
 Larry Johnson
 Knowshon Moreno
 Darren McFadden
 Willy Parker
 Chris Wells
Tier 7
 Jonathan Stewart
 LenDale White
 Cedric Benson
 LeRon McClain
 Julius Jones
 Darren Sproles
 Donald Brown
 Le Sean McCoy
 Willis McGahee
 Jamal Lewis
 Tim Hightower
 Shonn Green

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I LIKE IT! I'm still not sold on Forte being that good this year but I like the idea of Stephen Jackson rebounding on a borderline 2-3. Good work. :thumbsup:

ExperiencedRookie

I think Ronnie Brown deserves Tier 4 consideration at the very least.

I would also group PT and Reggie Bush together in whatever Tier you deem proper. Those guys are so close in projected value it's disgusting.

Remote Controller

I truly hope Hass falls this far, and I have a hunch he will. He is currently a key target in my drafting strategy this year. The 2nd year TE, the addition of Housh, and the extra work they a putting in is really enticing for the price.

ExperiencedRookie

I truly hope Hass falls this far, and I have a hunch he will. He is currently a key target in my drafting strategy this year. The 2nd year TE, the addition of Housh, and the extra work they a putting in is really enticing for the price.

Are you comfortable making him your 1st QB selection?

At the point that you pick Hass, you won't be able to get much for a disaster plan at QB. You're probably looking at a Trent Edwards/Jake Delhomme type as a backup.

Jvirtue55

I think Ronnie Brown deserves Tier 4 consideration at the very least.

I would also group PT and Reggie Bush together in whatever Tier you deem proper. Those guys are so close in projected value it's disgusting.

You very well could be right or Bush and PT

My problem with Ronnie Brown we have talked about this before, I loved him before the Knee injury but last year he got alot of his scores running in Wild Cat and they have Pat White.

Jvirtue55

Here is my Wide Receivers list like always what do you think?

Wide Receivers
Tier 1
 Larry Fitzgerald
 Andre Johnson
 Randy Moss
 Calvin Johnson
Tier 2
 Reggie Wayne
 Roddy White
 Steve Smith
 Anquan Boldin
 Marques Colston
 Greg Jennings
Tier 3
 Terrell Owens
 Brandon Marshall
 Dwayne Bowe
 TJ Houshmandzadeh
 Wes Welker
Tier 4
 Roy Williams
 Vincent Jackson
 DeSean Jackson
 Anthony Gonzalez
 Chad Ochocinco
 Santonio Holmes
 Braylon Edwards
 Antonio Bryant
Tier 5
 Eddie Royal
 Lee Evans
 Santana Moss
 Michael Crabtree
 Bernard Berrian
 Tory Holt
 Lance Moore
 Hines Ward
Tier 6
 Donny Avery
 Devin Hester
 Steve Breaston
 Jericho Cotchery
 Kevin Walters
 Laveranues Coles
 Ted Ginn Jr.
 Donald Driver
 Chris Chambers
 Giants Number 1 WR (Hixon or Nicks)

Last edited by a moderator:

ExperiencedRookie

My problem with Ronnie Brown we have talked about this before, I loved him before the Knee injury but last year he got alot of his scores running in Wild Cat and they have Pat White.

They might have Pat White, but how often do you think their franchise RB is going to be on the sidelines?

Remote Controller

Are you comfortable making him your 1st QB selection?

At the point that you pick Hass, you won't be able to get much for a disaster plan at QB. You're probably looking at a Trent Edwards/Jake Delhomme type as a backup.
I was fortunate last year to be able to grab Cutler 3 to 4 rounds later, and it salvaged my year, so i know what you are saying. I really like the combo of Shaub and Hass, and I don't feel either will be over valued by the masses. Currently Schaub is a concensus adp of 68 , and Hass 105.

I also feel that Rodgers will come off of his 3rd round cost and McNabb will be a target if he stays around a late 5th rounder.

ExperiencedRookie

Tier 2 looks a little stuffed and Tier 1 looks a little short.

I can't help but want to see Calvin Johnson moved up to Tier 1.

I'm also very very high on Reggie Wayne this year. Not sure if he is Tier 1 material though. I think he's very close.

ExperiencedRookie

I was fortunate last year to be able to grab Cutler 3 to 4 rounds later, and it salvaged my year, so i know what you are saying. I really like the combo of Shaub and Hass, and I don't feel either will be over valued by the masses. Currently Schaub is a concensus adp of 68 , and Hass 105.

QBs named Matt appear to be nice value this year. Toss Matt Ryan in and that is a pretty sweet group. I see his ADP climbing and possibly outgrowing his actual value.

I couldn't agree more on Schaub. Everything is in place for a big year. Andre is a beast. Walter is a great #2. Owen Daniels is a solid TE. Slaton appears to be legit. That offense is N I C E.

Returning to Hass now. I feel Hass is a bargain. He's hardly on the radar.

That being said, I had the same feeling about another QB last year. He was in the same ADP range. He too was coming off an injury, which caused his ADP to be low. He had a legit top shelf WR just waiting for his return.

I stocked piled RB and WR talent knowing that I would pick him late and get great value.

As it turned out, there was NO value there whatsoever and the pick was simply awful.

Jake Delhomme is dead to me now.

Jvirtue55

Here is my Tight End list

Tight Ends
Tier 1
 Jason Witten
 Antonio Gates
 Tony Gonzalez
 Dallas Clark
Tier 2
 Greg Olsen
 Kellen Winslow