FA has is beginning in the NFL - what is happening and what is rumored

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Latavius Murray signs with Vikings - no more Adrien?
Tim Hightower visiting with San Fran
Travaris Cadet Rb re-signs with New Orleans
Jeremy Zuttah C formerly of Baltimore was not cut, instead traded to San fran - San Fran got Zuttah and 2017 6th round pick of Baltimore, Baltimore got San Fran's 6th round pick 12 picks higher.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Vikings sign RFA Adam Theilan Wr to a 3 year deal
Andre Holmes formerly of Oakland/Las Vegas Raider signs with Bufallo - or he didn't. At least not yet....good grief.

hikeNbike

Latavius Murray signs with Vikings - no more Adrien?
Tim Hightower visiting with San Fran
Travaris Cadet Rb re-signs with New Orleans
Jeremy Zuttah C formerly of Baltimore was not cut, instead traded to San fran - San Fran got Zuttah and 2017 6th round pick of Baltimore, Baltimore got San Fran's 6th round pick 12 picks higher.
How bout Charles. Am I missing something with the injury is it more serious? I feel like Charles is a better back than Lacy, Murray, and Peterson at this point in everyone's careers but he seems like he is getting the least interest. Maybe it's my UT bias but I feel like he would be an excellent signing maybe the Giants?

yadda yadda tapatalk

JScott

Administrator
How bout Charles. Am I missing something with the injury is it more serious? I feel like Charles is a better back than Lacy, Murray, and Peterson at this point in everyone's careers but he seems like he is getting the least interest. Maybe it's my UT bias but I feel like he would be an excellent signing maybe the Giants?

yadda yadda tapatalk

30yo with two recent knee blow outs :eek:... he might have to take the vet min just to play this season

Phicinfan

Administrator
So, lets compare apples to apples.

Seattle wanted a bull, that is why Lacy was chosen, Charles and Peterson are not that type of back anymore or never were.
Murray is a cheaper, younger version of Peterson. He can catch is explosive to the hole and can break tackles. They have McKinnon to be the "Charles" in that offense.

I think his knees are definately a concern for Charles and he is a smaller back, that has a tone of mileage, and wear and tear.
My gut on Peterson is he wants too much money. Why else would Minny move away from him?

Phicinfan

Administrator
Raiders looking to pull Marshawn Lynch out of retirement :eek:
Per PFT sources, Raiders are really high on him, no confirmation he wants to play again, plus Seattle still owns the rights, so a trade would have to be worked.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Rams sign OLB Conner Barwin
Morris Claiborne Cb formerly of Dallas goes to Jets
Brandon Carr heads to Baltimore.... Dallas is getting hurt this FA period, similar to Bengals. Dallas lost 2 key OL - Free to retirement, and now lost starting Cbs
Dontari Poe DT to Falcons - nice move here for Atlanta...

Phicinfan

Administrator
Bears sign John Jenkins DT
JPP denying he signed anything on new contract........sigh
Geno Smith QB expected to sign with the NY Giants
Josh McCown is visiting the Jets

Phicinfan

Administrator
Jets sign Josh McCown for big money.
Chargers sign Kenjon Barner Rb
Brandon Tate back with Buffalo
Steelers sign Knile Davis Rb formerly of KC
In the I have no idea why move - Raiders sign Qb E.J. Manuel from Buffalo - end of McGloin who is an FA?
Saints close to signing Lb Monti Te'o from S.D. eerrrrrrr L.A.C.
Cowboys resign Kellen Moore Qb
In the "I can't believe its a girdle motif...... - supposedly the Saints and Malcolm Butler Cb NE have locked on contract terms. So this can fall a couple of ways, Saints can sign him to an offer sheet since he is an RFA, or they can talk him into signing his tender, then work a trade with N.E.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Huh, I thought they cut ties with Vereen, considering he can't stay healthy, my guess is they will cut ties eventually.