Eric Mangini will return as Cleveland's HC

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
Adam Schefter is reporting that Holmgren will retain Managini and rest of coaching staff.

GFL Commissioner

Ultimate Commissioner
I don't think he'll be on a short leash. They had a good 4 game run at the end of the season. I think this team will be a lot better next year.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
They have some dire needs to decide...and HC wasn't that dire. Like him or not, he is not the main issue on that team. QB, RB, Wr and Def are key needs to address.

Is Harrison the answer?
Quinn or Anderson at Qb?

Massaquoi is a keeper at WR...but no one else.

OH, and their best offensive weapon Cribbs is an FA now.

Mike

Administrator
Remember everyone saying that Hester needed to get payed? That one didn't work out so well.

With Cribbs, Cleveland is in an almost identical situation. The offense isn't going to be built around Cribbs play in the wildcat formation, and you can't dump money into a special teams player.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I think Cribbs is a better player overall than Hester, even at that point in Hesters career. Hes worth having around and keeping happy.

Youd take him on the Cowboys.

He could replace Williams :sad:

Mike

Administrator
How could he replace Williams? While Williams isn't looking like a good fit on the Cowboys offense (I think this is more a head thing between Romo and Williams than anything else), Cribbs doesn't provide the talent at receiver that Roy Williams does.

Cribbs is a special teams player, and a fun weapon to put out on the field between the 20's. How much value has be showed at the goalline when trickery becomes less productive against good teams?

You simply don't build your offense on this kind of talent. Guys like this have a place in the NFL until they start thinking they deserve big money when they simply don't. Of course, in the real world, we would all jump all over a Million Dollars to go play a game.

Khubbard71

This shows that Cleveland has the right mentality to move forward as an organization. They are not just firing at will and trying to place blame on the head coach. He will be on a short leash but I think he has turned the morale into a winning one rather than just a ho-hum lets go play for the fun of it. If he can get some good picks in the draft he can really be a contender next season.

MLBrandow

Remember everyone saying that Hester needed to get payed? That one didn't work out so well.

With Cribbs, Cleveland is in an almost identical situation. The offense isn't going to be built around Cribbs play in the wildcat formation, and you can't dump money into a special teams player.

You can if he scores touchdowns that single-handedly win three of your five ball games in a season.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
How could he replace Williams? While Williams isn't looking like a good fit on the Cowboys offense (I think this is more a head thing between Romo and Williams than anything else), Cribbs doesn't provide the talent at receiver that Roy Williams does.

Cribbs is a special teams player, and a fun weapon to put out on the field between the 20's. How much value has be showed at the goalline when trickery becomes less productive against good teams?

You simply don't build your offense on this kind of talent. Guys like this have a place in the NFL until they start thinking they deserve big money when they simply don't. Of course, in the real world, we would all jump all over a Million Dollars to go play a game.

LMAO! You are one crotchety old man :)