End of season moves by NFL teams

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
It’s gonna be one-owner league. McMahon is going to own all 8–10 owners.

Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
New York Legislator Renews Effort to Bar Tackle Football for Children

This makes the XFL job to get talent even harder.

In other news, Tim Tebow declines to play in XFL.

EDITED: Here's real proof that the NFL is losing its marbles.

"In a revealing moment with host Colin Cowherd on Fox Sports Radio, Roger Goodell expressed displeasure over the often criticized catch rule. "

Even Roger Goodell is confused by the NFL's catch rule

When the commish is perplexed by/questioning his own rule, then you're in real trouble.

Last edited:

efactor

Coming at you
New York Legislator Renews Effort to Bar Tackle Football for Children

This makes the XFL job to get talent even harder.

In other news, Tim Tebow declines to play in XFL.

EDITED: Here's real proof that the NFL is losing its marbles.

"In a revealing moment with host Colin Cowherd on Fox Sports Radio, Roger Goodell expressed displeasure over the often criticized catch rule. "

Even Roger Goodell is confused by the NFL's catch rule

When the commish is perplexed by/questioning his own rule, then you're in real trouble.

Goodall made the catch rule? Good to know.

efactor

Coming at you
On his watch... I’m just saying.

$40M and he doesn’t have a strong say? Comm’on, maaan.

He has nothing to do with making the rules of the game and you said it was "his rule". I think he has enough on his plate without getting involved in what constitutes a catch. Christ.

This is like the media blaming Trump for the cost of replacing 27 old refrigerators on Air Force One...............:rolleyes:

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
Pushing it off Goodell is like accepting the fact that Obama has nothing to do with the FISA abuse.

“I know nothing...”

efactor

Coming at you
Pushing it off Goodell is like accepting the fact that Obama has nothing to do with the FISA abuse.

“I know nothing...”

You're a good guy and all, but sometimes I think you have massive CTE. Ever hear of the "rules committee"?

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
You're a good guy and all, but sometimes I think you have massive CTE. Ever hear of the "rules committee"?
I do play flag football, so CTE may be setting in.

I'm refusing to accept that Goodell does not influence the members of any committee, does not influence what comes out of the referee's association, and does not influence the CBA and NFLPA. The only committee that he does not touch is the committee that decides his annual salary. Everything else should be in his purview.

Even if he does not have anything to do with the catch rule (which I have doubt), he's not putting himself in a good light by admitting that he doesn't know anything and is "confused." This is the same guy who's the judge, jury and executioner.

Either way, lose-lose situation, bad publicity on the week of the Super Bowl. I'm just pointing out the fact that as a CEO/Chairman/Commissioner it's your job to "fix" things at the top...meaning influence people to fix it.

Fix the following, NFL:
Tuck rule (Pats vs Raiders)
Catch rule (Steelers vs Pats)
No celebration rule (Fixed)
Fumble out of the endzone (Pats vs Jets)

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I don't believe he has that much broad power, nor should he have. He has to be focussed on what is best for the whole league, not each and every individual rule.

While I agree the tuck and catch rule needs to be fixed, this isn't Goodell's place. This is for the rules committee. I will add, that the influence you surmise is the Owners, not the commish.

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
I don't believe he has that much broad power, nor should he have. He has to be focussed on what is best for the whole league, not each and every individual rule.

While I agree the tuck and catch rule needs to be fixed, this isn't Goodell's place. This is for the rules committee. I will add, that the influence you surmise is the Owners, not the commish.
While I may agree with you about broad powers, don't go telling people that you don't know nothing. That makes you the "Milli Vanilli of all commissioners." R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Okay, I've said my piece.

efactor

Coming at you
While I may agree with you about broad powers, don't go telling people that you don't know nothing. That makes you the "Milli Vanilli of all commissioners." R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Okay, I've said my piece.

Get in and have that CTE checked. STAT!

It's general knowledge that NOBODY truly understands the catch rule or it would have been fixed by now. Started to blow up after they tried to justify why the famous Calvin Johnson catch wasn't actually a catch. Goodell admitting he doesn't understand is a positive thing, not a negative.

Sheesh.................

efactor

Coming at you

Spot on...............

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Per ESPN, Fitzgerald is returning for one more year. Great news for Arizona.
Oakland will release Janikowski this year - no more Seabass, no more 1st round kicker.