End of season moves by NFL teams

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Patriots OC Josh McDaniels is expected to accept the Colts' head-coaching vacancy.

Rapsheet reported mere hours ago that McDaniels would "prefer the Titans over all coaching jobs." Apparently that's either not true or he is too far along in the process with Indy to turn back. McDaniels cannot formally be hired until the Patriots' playoff run is through. Accepting the Colts job would be going all in on Andrew Luck's healthy return from his shoulder odyssey.

rotoworld.com

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Niners hire Ken Norton Jr as ILB coach AND assistant head coach :cool:

Love the hire as the LB coach. He coached linebackers in Seattle for 5 years and has worked with Robert Salah. Should be a positive influence on Fosters development. Rumor is they may be looking at Raquon Smith with the 9th pick as well. With Gurley and Johnson in the division, they need a LB who can cover. Plus, an ex Niner who has a reputation for toughness doesn't hurt.

San Francisco 49ers assistant coach Ken Norton Jr. signed a three-year deal to become the new defensive coordinator of the Seattle Seahawks Monday, Jan. 15. Norton recently accepted an assistant coaching position with the 49ers, but he has an out in his contract that allowed him to take the Seattle job.:(

efactor

Coming at you
San Francisco 49ers assistant coach Ken Norton Jr. signed a three-year deal to become the new defensive coordinator of the Seattle Seahawks Monday, Jan. 15. Norton recently accepted an assistant coaching position with the 49ers, but he has an out in his contract that allowed him to take the Seattle job.:(

I was happy he was coming to SF as LB coach, but ecstatic that he is going to Seattle as the DC..................:cool:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Pittsburgh has agreed not to resign OC Todd Haley - rumor is the leading replacement candidate is current QB coach in Pittsburgh.

However, Mike Munchack has pulled his name from Arizona - he refused a 2nd interview - so he also may be a target.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Panthers D coordinator Steve Wilks named new Arizona Cardinals HC.

And instantly has to go find a quarterback

efactor

Coming at you
And Wr I bet, I think Fitz is gone as well now

That would suck if the NFL loses a great player and a class act. They really can't afford that at this point.

Unfortunate too because he stills plays at such a high level. Maybe if they grab Alex Smith (heard that is a possibility), he may stay.

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
Terrible football league to gain rival in new, even more terrible football league.

X-factor: will they sign Kap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
How do you know it's going to be worse? Today is a completely different environment then it was when the original XFL launched. The original XFL was rushed into existence and on the field versus this one that is being given time to be done properly. He has been planning to do this for years now.

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
How do you know it's going to be worse? Today is a completely different environment then it was when the original XFL launched. The original XFL was rushed into existence and on the field versus this one that is being given time to be done properly. He has been planning to do this for years now.
Given that he’s planning for a long time, and it’s a different environment, and he has a long list of lessons learned... the most important factor you left out is: where are the players coming from?

Top echelon college players choose to go to the NFL, just like top high school players choose to go to Alabama, Ohio St, Oklahoma, and Clemson.

In all seriousness, it’s gonna be Division IA versus Division IIA; UFC vs Bellator vs Invicta FC; Google vs Yahoo; iphone vs Blackberry; and soon NFL vs. XFL.

There’s always going to be tiers. And tears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
At least they won't be allowed to take a knee during the anthem. I like that part. They also say no one with a criminal history will be allowed to play not even one conviction. I like that as well. The 8 cities will be announced next year. I hope San Antonio gets one.