Eli Manning is....

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Holding a news conference Friday to announce his retirement from the NFL.

I still think if his last name wasn't Manning that he wouldn't eventually be voted into the Hall of Fame.

JScott

Administrator
As a Pats fan I'm usually hesitant to give any opinion on Eli, feeling it will just come across as sour grapes but I have a hard time seeing how a .500 QB is a HOFer. Yes, "he" came up big in the SB wins, but Tyree's catch was miraculous not Eli's throw. Like a lot of other QBs (including Brady) Eli did not deserve the SB MVPs. It was the Defense that did. Putting the SB wins in that perspective, along with a .500 winning %, multiple 6+ loss regular seasons and leading the league in INTs multiple times I don't feel he's a HOFer.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I don’t disagree, take those two seasons out of his stats and he is very ordinary. Even with them he is ordinary.

good solid career but not HOF, not with guys like Kenny Anderson not in the hall

jjtweeks

If Terry Bradshaw is in then why not Eli
Bradshaw 107 w 51L 27k yards 52 percent completion rate 212 tds 210 ints 4 bowl wins
Manning 117w 117L 57k yards 60 percent completion rate 366 tds 244 ints 2 bowl wins
heck Dan Fouts is in
Fouts 86w 84L 1 tie 43k yards 59 percent completion rate 254 tds 242ints no bowl wins
why is it even a question of Eli not being a HOF, not that I like him but definitely deserves to be in

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I wouldn't put him in but looking at other QB's that are there despite the fact they should not be there's little doubt that he will be.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
If Terry Bradshaw is in then why not Eli
Bradshaw 107 w 51L 27k yards 52 percent completion rate 212 tds 210 ints 4 bowl wins
Manning 117w 117L 57k yards 60 percent completion rate 366 tds 244 ints 2 bowl wins
heck Dan Fouts is in
Fouts 86w 84L 1 tie 43k yards 59 percent completion rate 254 tds 242ints no bowl wins
why is it even a question of Eli not being a HOF, not that I like him but definitely deserves to be in
Meh.. Eli made his mark in a league that was much more pass friendly. Can' t really argue with you on Fouts tho