Eagles WR DeSean Jackson ???

Coachnorm

Jackson's assessment of his free agency value is "night-and-day different" from Philadelphia's assessment, the Philadelphia Daily News reports. The Daily News also states that the Eagles are unlikely to use the franchise tag on Jackson. It appears as if Jackson will need to drastically lower his demands to stick around in Philadelphia.

I put a Reggie Wayne thread out there as it seems he will be a free agent WR who will actually end up being available for other teams. DeSean also seems like he will actually be on the move to another team. What do you think of Jackson..... should your team be interested???

Arctic Dawgs

Just looked through a couple months fo Desean news on MFL and couldn't find mention of who his agent was though I did find this nuggett

Five NFL team personnel executives tell Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole that they would have no interest in DeSean Jackson as a free agent in 2012. Analysis: "If that was my kid out there, I would have gotten out of the stands, gone on the field and pulled him off myself and said, 'You obviously don't want to be here, so stop hurting your team,'" said one executive in attendance at last week's loss to Seattle. The consensus among the executives is that a Jackson signing would take a "renegade coach" such as Rex Ryan or a desperate team needing one last piece for a championship run.

I need to pay attention to his offseason because I will need to decide on 3 of Desean, Denarious Moore, Jordy Nelson, and Laurent Robinson in my big $$ local league

xqj47alpha

Banned
There's enough buzz around here for me to hear the pro's and con's of Desean going to the Niners.

Jackson is a tough nut to crack. Little doubt left he'll be leaving the city of brotherly love.

I think the Eagles have something to do with his implosion this year.
The team did zero to protect him in the public eye, in an almost vindictive fashion.

long story short, he's got Raider written all over him.
not a prediction. unless it happens.:grin:

and short term, dude will be a great fantasy value anywhere he lands because whomever nabs him will do so with one purpose in mind. Huck him the rock

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
The kid has incredible talent, but if you watch, he hasn't been the same since the concussions. He will be a disappointment, and I would much rather see the Eagles work on the O-line and Def, then spend big bucks on him. Assuming Maclin is back healthy, and they learn to continue to use Celek and others, Eagles will be fine without Jackson.

gizzil

pats resurrected moss... were unable to make ocho stinko another phoenix... desean might be an interesting add there... and if he doesnt work out pass him to an az, tenn, sf, etc... the only reason i dont like sf is cuz they just ponied up for braylon edwards and well... another thing that scares me is if emery wants to make a splash and gets him for cutler. we got enough chuckleheads here

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Until he replaces those alligator arms and grows bawls big enough to go across the middle I'd only wish him on my enimies. It was a contract year and the dude didn't put up. Enough said IMHO.

xqj47alpha

Banned
pats resurrected moss... were unable to make ocho stinko another phoenix... desean might be an interesting add there... and if he doesnt work out pass him to an az, tenn, sf, etc... the only reason i dont like sf is cuz they just ponied up for braylon edwards and well... another thing that scares me is if emery wants to make a splash and gets him for cutler. we got enough chuckleheads here
Wow! good one gizzil! I hate the idea of the pats getting another deep threat like Moss.
Phicin is right as always, but I wonder...

Phicinfan

Administrator
Oh, someone will sign Jackson. If for no other reason than his return ability. Still, he is not a precise route runner, and he fears the middle. A team like Baltimore where Boldin will run the middle, and all they need is a deep outside threat is an option.

Lets see, who else could use some speed outside:
Detroit - opposite Megatron - not a Burleson fan
Tampa Bay - allow less coverage for Williams
Washington - dire need at Wr
Minnesota - dire need at Wr
San Diego - if and or if not V.J. holds out or signs elsewhere
St. Louis - they need Wrs pretty much too.

Probably a few more...but price will be high...and risk will be great.

Phicinfan

Administrator
you may be right. I would much rather have Wayne over Garcon. I would rather have the better vet to work with youngsters and young Qb. just me I guess.

That, and I am not impressed by Garcon at all.