Does it take guts to drop foster??

2minutedrill

My hero and mentor just dropped Arian in a keeper league and picked up a lottery ticket WR. We are past our trade deadline so a trade was out of the question for now. He is for sure in the running for our post season.
So, any other outlaws have the guts to drop Foster, or am I a big old chicken afraid to pull the trigger.
Is Foster done as a RB? I know about Tate, but just curious on Foster.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
In a keeper league you would be nuts to drop foster. Tate is a rfa and will likely be elsewhere next season.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
If I read the rules right, at the cost of a first round pick, i would also drop Foster, especially if I wanted some help in playoffs for future. Just me I guess.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Tekie can witness that I've had plans since before this season to drop Foster after this year. The only question was when after he was knocked out for the remainder of the season.

2minutedrill

Yes, foster would have cost a first round pick. Our league we can keep 7, everyone else goes back into the draft. In your case RGIII was a #1 and for you to get a first round draft you would have to drop him(not keep him when we declare keepers next summer).
Anyway, I still could not hit that "Drop" button on Foster. If foster was on your team, you'd do the same?

Phicinfan

Administrator
Yes, foster would have cost a first round pick. Our league we can keep 7, everyone else goes back into the draft. In your case RGIII was a #1 and for you to get a first round draft you would have to drop him(not keep him when we declare keepers next summer).
Anyway, I still could not hit that "Drop" button on Foster. If foster was on your team, you'd do the same?
Yes, Foster isn't worth a first round pick anymore. Not even sure he will be starting next year.

If I read the rules right, at the cost of a first round pick, i would also drop Foster, especially if I wanted some help in playoffs for future. Just me I guess.

No since he was acquired via waivers he is 17th round. I think you'd keep him at that cost

Phicinfan

Administrator
No since he was acquired via waivers he is 17th round. I think you'd keep him at that cost
IF I get him and all he costs me is a 17th rounder...then yeah. that is an entirely different discussion. But a first, or second rounder...no deal

2minutedrill

IF I get him and all he costs me is a 17th rounder...then yeah. that is an entirely different discussion. But a first, or second rounder...no deal
Even though Tekie will have first waiver pick, my gut says he will pass on foster -for whatever reason ;>/ , so foster is being thrown to you as a gift. He'll be useful as trade bait if nothing else.
To me, 1st round (or second) pick isn't a big deal. Your getting a rookie or player someone else doesn't want. Here's are list and round cost from our draft:
Forte 1st (available cuz guy who dropped him had first draft position and picked him up again - smart!)
G.Bernard - 1st
R.Wayne - 1st
R.Mattews - 2nd
E.Lacy - 2nd
P.Thomas - 2nd
Good players yes, top tier 1st or 2nd rounders - not at that time.
These were the best pick options at the time.
Rest of draft - Keep your fingers crossed from here pick!!

I don't even know what point I want to make anymore!
BTW Phicinfan, welcome to our league and congrats on letting me be your first conquest. (maybe that's why I'm bitter - but I still wouldn't just drop Foster)

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Y'all could play really nice and allow me to pick the poor old, beaten down, crippled man back up for bench strength.