Dfs week 6

bodey24

Staff member
I entered a couple fanduel tournaments that started last night and freeman was started in 55% of the lineups. That's is the most I've ever seen. The 45% that didn't start him are going to have some serious catching up to do. Gates and Hopkins both have around 35% ownership in that tournament. So it looks like I'll be staying away from those guys in my drsftkings tournament lineups for this weekend.

hikeNbike

First lineup. May tinker before Sunday. Early only lineup. Thus no Patriots.

Bortles
Forte
Charcandrick West
Hopkins
Marshall
Allen Robinson
Tyler Eifert
Rishad Matthews
Broncos

Was back and forth with Forte and Foster

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

maverick824

I stuck Freeman in my H2H's over Lacy with 10 minutes left till kickoff......was a very smart play, I'd have had some catching up to do otherwise!

ExperiencedRookie

I entered a couple fanduel tournaments that started last night and freeman was started in 55% of the lineups. That's is the most I've ever seen. The 45% that didn't start him are going to have some serious catching up to do. Gates and Hopkins both have around 35% ownership in that tournament. So it looks like I'll be staying away from those guys in my drsftkings tournament lineups for this weekend.
Freeman was 65% in the large tourney I entered on FD. Unbelievable. Ive never seen anyone even close to that. Edelman/Brady was really high as well.

Lucky for me, I have 19 lineups in so far. Freeman was in ALL of them.

hikeNbike

What about a Bortles/Robinson (or Hurns) stack?
Bortles and Robinson stacked in my first lineup submitted. Trying to decide if I want to switch to Bortles Hurns as Hurns is cheap enough that I think I can squeeze in Woodhead instead of Charcandrick West.

freyguy

Pick to Click
Bortles
West
Foster
C Johnson
Edelman
A Robinson
Woodhead
Broncos

Kinda top heavy on price with Foster and Johnson but don't want to miss when Stafford wakes up from being benched last week and gets his guy going.

hikeNbike

Here is my crazy oddball quarter arcade lineup for Draft Kings. Suppose I throw 25 cents away each week on a long shot but kinda fun to see how I can do. This week mixed in a some productive players so far two Pats, Hurns and Broncos D with some players who have dissapointed but have good matchups. Bridgewater, Calvin, CJ. And one guy in Miller who the new coach said he'd like to get him the ball. Stacked Wallace with Bridgewater. Thinking ownership percentages on Miller and CJ will be low. Lacy has a juicy matchup as well so toying with replacing Lewis with Lacy and going with the all rb bust team.

Bridgewater
Dion Lewis
Lamar Miller
Allen Hurns
Mike Wallace
Calvin Johnson
Rob Gronkowski
CJ Anderson
Broncos D

hikeNbike

Had a bad week in season long. Looking like 0-3 with a possibility of 1-2. Decent week so far in daily with a possibility of upgrading slightly. Could use a big night from Edelman and either Lewis or Blount preferably Blount to get a couple more small cashes in tournaments and secure a couple double ups.

Lacy, Charcandrick West and Aj green hurt me. Hopkins, Marshall,Calvin and Kaeperneck Bolden and Kaeperneck smith stacks scored big for me.

Other than the Niners none of my bargain plays scored big. First lineup I posted here got me $8 in a 3 tournament.

watched most of the Packers Chargers while working out at the gym today. Lacy looked terrible. Looks out of shape and overweight. He is absolutely destroying one of my season long leagues. He may take a permanent seat on the bench. Cobb also assisting in my heartache lately.

hikeNbike

What the hell is the deal with Cobb??
Wish I knew. Has a serious case of butter fingers and since Rodgers spreads the ball around you have to catch your chances. Also Packers are so efficient they generally score when they have a chance so that holds the yards down. Unlike say the Chargers who go up and down the field and seem to waste a lot of opportunities.

Crazy what I thought was my best team coming out of my drafts has turned into my worst. 12 team league and I managed to get Lacy Beckham and Cobb in the first three rounds. Thought that was crazy but 2-4 and put up almost nothing this week. Spiller and Gordon backing up with nada on the waiver wire from what I can see so I am in big trouble. Non point per reception so what could be useful players just arent in this scoring system. I grabbed Christine Michael off the waiver wire a long shot but maybe he amounts to something. Last week I pulled a victory out of the hat only with a career performance from Eli Manning and a great performance from Beckham on Sunday night.

In order to win this week going to need Eli to best last week's performance by 100 yds and turn his 3 tds into 5. Not a chance.

bodey24

Staff member
I tried something different this week. I had been entering multiple lineups into the $3 tournaments on draftkings but had not been doing very well because teams could enter hundreds of lineups into those. This week I decided just to enter one lineup into the millionaire maker and I did pretty good. My lineup was;
Stafford
Blount
Ivory
Calvin
Maclin
Moncrief
Gronk
Lacy
Browns

I'm currently in about 7500th place out of 300K+. My team scored just under 190 points. My biggest downfall was taking Lacy. I was between him and Demarco and chose poorly. Maclin getting knocked out with a concussion hurt as well. Overall I'm happy to make the money.

hikeNbike

I don't have a lot of money to burn but am up a little so can risk a little more. Finding it's better to have fewer lineups and pay a little more in the tournaments. Smaller tournaments with smaller top payouts are where I have had the best luck. I think those small entrance fee tournaments with tons of entrants are not the way to go. I don't know if it's folks with a lot of money willing to put down 200 entries for .25 or 1 dollar. Or possibly people desperate to win and plucking down 50 or 200 essentially on a lotto ticket. Have to make every call perfect in those. In some of the others one or two wrong calls may not kill you.

My first lineup posted here cashed a little. My other best tournament lineup was

Kaeperneck
Foster
Blount
Torrey Smith
Edelman
Marshall
Richard Rodgers
Hopkins
Denver

Going to analyze to see if there are any trends I can take from it. Biggest thing I was able to stack Kaeperneck and Torrey Smith for 9200 and that gave me plenty of room left over to spend. Only reason I did that was Baltimore had given up 300+ yds and a minimum of two tds in 3 of there first 5 games. With just Manning and Vick not reaching that. Price is a little steeper if I try this week with Palmer Fitz stack and I generally like the Sunday only leagues but thinking about it.

I have been terrible at picking bargain defenses with good matchups. All my best lineups this year I have spent the money on the Broncos d. Bye next week and Packers the following so I need a new plan for two weeks. Difference in the Ds is only about 1100 to 1500 from best to worst so seems like it's best to pencil in a good d and save money elsewhere.