Deep Sleeper RB's

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Likely timing, this from rotoworld.com.
The Falcons' website expects the team's running game to be distributed "on a more by-committee basis."
The website cites coach Mike Smith's wishes. Michael Turner's rushing attempts are going to drop significantly, with Jacquizz Rodgers and Jason Snelling taking on more of the load. Atlanta also wants to open up the passing game, an area in which Turner does not excel. While Rodgers' role is on the incline, we question whether he has enough natural talent for a stand-alone fantasy impact.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay, lets see:

One guy who may go mid-round but I think could have impact early is - Peyton Hillis. I think KC wants to go back to what they had with a younger, healthier Thomas Jones, and use Charles at his best as a change of pace quick explosion switch out guy. I think Hillis will be the bull dozer on early downs and late in the game, with Charles being huge in passing game and for long bursts.

next for me is Ben Tate. Yes Arian Foster is the bang, I get it. But I also think Tate is the best back in Houston, and will eventually play a major role.

Then you have Ryan Williams in Arizona. Basically a rookie since he missed his entire first season, make no mistake, he is the best Rb in Arizona, and will surpass Wells as starter very quickly.

Jets Rbs - I have never and will never be a Shonn Green fan. I do think though, that they want to get back to the ball control offense. So whoever in camp seems to lead either McKnight or Powel....is a must have for me late.

I agree on Blount. I think again that they will be a run first, run second and also run alot of third kind of team. Blount is a battering ram, he will plow and bust and bang, then Martin will come in for flash and receiving. See this as another KC type offense. One reason I am very down on Freeman and Vincent Jackson this year.

I love Goodson's value in Oakland as DMac can't stay healthy and even if they sign Benson, I think Goodson would be the replacement due to capability, and lack there of with Benson.

Le'Ron McClain SD. There was a reason S.D. needed Tolbert. I think the reason is still sound. I don't think Matthews can survive and handle the whole show. McClain is one of those tweeners, like Tolbert...that will find his nitch and get tough yardage and scores.

Just a few off the top of my head.

One more - Alex Green in Green bay. Not sure Starks can survive....and if they don't resign Ryan Grant, I love what Green can do out of the back field for receiving and rushing.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
This one ****es me off...I put all my eggs in the Hillman basket when I sent away my 1st rounder next year for <gulp>McGahee. That Sunday morning I wasn't able to read the updates and learn that Moreno was starting....another coach casually picked him up off the waiver wire. Lame.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
What this year is doing is turning the Eagles into a RBBC for next season, sigh. Until then I'm on the Brown wagon-Toot Toot!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
:biggrin: Hey I'll be gonig home this week, maybe tonight after 33 days away. I'm in a good mood, what can I say.

Phicinfan

Administrator
What this year is doing is turning the Eagles into a RBBC for next season, sigh. Until then I'm on the Brown wagon-Toot Toot!

That depends on if there is a coaching change, and if so, who takes over.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Reid fired another coach in the last 24 hours. Yeah, they'll be a change but he's cutting throats trying to hang on.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Reid fired another coach in the last 24 hours. Yeah, they'll be a change but he's cutting throats trying to hang on.

You may be very right.

But, I will say this. If Lurie can't get the big name he wants, he won't let Reid go. Also rumors flying Reid has a job as soon as he is fired in San Diego or gasp...Dallas may also forestall the firing.