Dak Prescott: Will he wear the star again?

Mike

Administrator
Left $175 Million on the table and now has bones sticking out of his leg.

What now?

Mike

Administrator
The first step so to speak is to be able to walk again.

True. Hoping to see him get back on the field.

That said, this goes to much of what has pushed me away from sports so much over the past several years. $175 Million on the table, I can't even fathom one year of that contract for my entire lifetime. Everything I could ever want or need, all three of my kids in the college of their choice, and pure comfort.

Not enough. Needed $45 million in the 5th year.

His threat as a runner was a key part of his value on the field. If he makes it back, he is most likely going to have to adopt a different style of play.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Left $175 Million on the table and now has bones sticking out of his leg.

What now?
Depends. If Dallas is smart and they rely on Zeke and keep winning then they tag again for a prove it deal.

If they start losing, and can draft one of the top 3 Qbs, you do that and save cap for defensive heip.

A lot will depend on how th two NY teams draft, keep youngster they have or draft new

Mike

Administrator
Depends. If Dallas is smart and they rely on Zeke and keep winning then they tag again for a prove it deal.

If they start losing, and can draft one of the top 3 Qbs, you do that and save cap for defensive heip.

A lot will depend on how th two NY teams draft, keep youngster they have or draft new
Record may actually play a key factor. First place early in the season with a losing record. I expect they will get through the season fine with Dalton, who is a respectable QB for sure and will no doubt be motivated to perform close to home.

Seriously, Dallas could be in an interesting situation after this season. Horrible record and can easily move on with another draft pick, or happy with Dalton and not interested in breaking the bank on a QB.

Walter34

Tonight is confirming that Dallas is a paper team right now. All glam, no substance. That said, Dad did show that he is an elite QB that can be built around. They need to sign him long term and be done with it. I wouldn't make him the highest paid in the league but he is definitely worth a 5 year, 150M type of deal.