Cooper back in camp....so where does he stand as a fantasy sleeper?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So after 4 days away, Cooper is back. from a fantasy perspective how do you view him? Prior to the video, he was picking up steam as a nice sleeper, so with him back in the fold and another Philly WR (Benn) out for the year it looks like he will stick around, so where would you draft him?

ExperiencedRookie

He has to get a little love at least. Hes certainly not a bad player by any means, and his situation is great, he just looks like an iffy guy to draft right now.

Im guessing his fantasy stock will stay low for the time being until Philly proves that they've completely moved on from his idiocy and wont be cutting him.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
he is the 2nd wide receiver in a wide open high speed offense. He will get some love, but I wonder if TEs dont' get more in Philly this year than Wr other than Jackson.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
i think this is a very good fantasy value. Take a late rd flyer on him and reap the benefits. I think Cooper ends up being a solid WR3.

Escrow

Cooper has upside, but the way Kelly's offense spreads the ball around, it will be hit or miss on a weekly basis....

Only 1 player on Oregon from 07-12(Kelly was the OC from 07-08) had over 55 catches in a season. 77 in 2010 by Jeff Maehl, who incidentally was the only Oregon receiver to break the 1000 yard mark.

cctekguy

Staff member
Nah...The whole "n-word" stigma is a societal and professional death knoll.

He might be allowed to play but he won't be allowed to succeed.

cctekguy

Staff member
... until Philly proves that they've completely moved on from his idiocy ...

Ooops!

From rotoworld:

Eagles teammates Riley Cooper and Cary Williams got into a "heated scuffle" in Thursday's practice, and had to be separated by "several players."

According to beat writer Jeff McLane, Williams used a racial slur in the incident. Cooper, of course, came under fire after amateur video caught him using a racial slur at a Kenny Chesney concert this summer. However, FOX Sports' Alex Marvez reports Thursday's incident wasn't "race related." Cooper's ugly-hearted foolishness has put a target on his back this season.

Guy will be fantasy gold for a bit while defenders worry more about hurting him than covering him. I give it 3 games max before he is crippled or taken out for his own safety.