Colts will cut Manning Wednesday

longhorns nation

Re: Cots will cut Manning Wednesday

Had to see this coming. There was really no way, with Luck coming in and prob getting around $25-30 million up front, that they could pay around $50 to 2 QBs and only one play. Its a business. Now to where he lands, we will see.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries

Had to see this coming. There was really no way, with Luck coming in and prob getting around $25-30 million up front, that they could pay around $50 to 2 QBs and only one play. Its a business. Now to where he lands, we will see.

I always heard they could afford Manning and Luck with the new rookie salary.

longhorns nation

All I know from the past 1st Rd 1 overalls have been getting around $50-60 million dollar contracts with as much as $20-27 mill up front in guaranteed or signing bonus. Its not my bank acct, but either way $28 million to Manning and lets say $15 mill up front to Luck is crazy, then for one to sit.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Manning being cut is not really a cap casualty as the cap number against Manning is $17-$18M this season and as Nikki said with the new rookie pay scale the Colts would not have had a problem fitting them both in. While the cap hit for Manning is the $17M figure the real hard cash number is of course $28M. Manning is a cash casualty not a cap one.