Colorado State FB players suspended

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
Ive never heard of a kid getting bullied for being straight. Several of my friends are teachers and none of them have ever heard of being bullied for being straight.

But again a hate crime is a hate crime. So if it is going on it should be a hate crime.

RLLD

People are not bullied for being straight, they are bullied for some other reason. I find the notion that someone should be punished more for bullying a person who is gay tends to run afoul of the justice without passion concept. Regardless of the why, the transgression should be punished equally. Unless we are to now suggest that gay people deserve more consideration?

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Seems now days they throw the term around very loosly. If they have different sexual orientation, different skin color, different religion, you get the point, they call it a hate crime. What happened to the days when people got into fights and that was it, its over. Now its a hate crime and somebodies going to jail.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
To me their is a huge difference between you going out for the night and get into a fight vs. your only purpose tonight is to hurt someone because of their skin color, religion, sexual orientation etc.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Agreed but i think there is more to this case than just exactly like you said. Has to be some kind of back ground here. Not like these were run of the mill street thugs up to no good. These are college students so they got to have some wits to them. Unless the only reason they are in college is to fill the college "quotas".

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
To me their is a huge difference between you going out for the night and get into a fight vs. your only purpose tonight is to hurt someone because of their skin color, religion, sexual orientation etc.

But in either case it's a crime, has always been a crime and needed no new definition. There were already laws on the books for dealing with either of these instances.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
But in either case it's a crime, has always been a crime and needed no new definition. There were already laws on the books for dealing with either of these instances.

Somehow it turned into a money thing by slidding those two words, "hate crime", in there. And playing devils advocate, remember the LA(los angeles) riots years and years back. Dude pulled out of the truck and hit in the head with concrete block? why wasnt that a hate crime?

Crime is crime, but now its a hate crime if either one of the parties is different from the other. So now to make it just a crime, before you get into any altercation, you must ask the other person about his religious beliefs, and sexual orientation and political views. Don't need to ask about skin color as they are right in front of you. If any of the information is different than you(rs), then its best to walk away since it will be labeled a hate crime.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
LOL. So now they are going to label these "love crimes".

Officer: why did you hit her?
man: because i love her to much
woman: he was just showing his love for me
officer: sorry its a love crime, off to jail with ya

gizzil

you assume college students have "some wit to them"????? that's your first mistake ANYONE can go to college if they have money. or football skills

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
you have to have some intelligence to go to college and make it thru classes. Well at least i assumed so.

gizzil

No, you don't. Haha I know plenty of people with degrees. As long as you pay and go to class, you will make it.

efactor

Coming at you
No, you don't. Haha I know plenty of people with degrees. As long as you pay and go to class, you will make it.

Then add the "athlete" portion to the equation and no, in many cases, no intelligence is required to "slide by" and stay on the team.

Certainly, I don't lump all athletes into that category. Obviously, some are good students as well as great players. However, when i was at Oregon in the 80s, when there was an athlete in one of my classes, they seemed to struggle with even the most basic concepts. Something tells me they still "passed" the class though.

This case is just bigger, stronger guys beating up on smaller, weaker guys. Plain and simple. Pathetic and if they targeted them because they were gay, even more pathetic..........

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
To me it really depends on what they attend college for and get a degree in what professional line. If you go to college and get a degree in rocket science, then your pretty damn smart. What i always find amusing is the start of college or pro games where they will show the player up on the screen and show what he majors in college. Seen some that have just made me shake my head, thinking can't believe that is actually a course. Waiting for the player to come up and his major is beer pong 101.

RLLD

To me it really depends on what they attend college for and get a degree in what professional line. If you go to college and get a degree in rocket science, then your pretty damn smart. What i always find amusing is the start of college or pro games where they will show the player up on the screen and show what he majors in college. Seen some that have just made me shake my head, thinking can't believe that is actually a course. Waiting for the player to come up and his major is beer pong 101.

I would love to see the % of majors, I am banking on "communications" being the heavy favorite....