Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Miles Austin, WR, Dal

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
If you need a refresher on the rules for the series or a run down of previous match-ups? Here is the rules and history thread:
"Close Calls 2010" - A Sports Outlaw Exclusive
Remember, this is based on re-draft leagues and non ppr scoring.

Today's Match-up:
Roddy White vs Miles Austin

Last Year's Stats:
Roddy White - 16 gms - 85 rec - 1,153 rec yds - 11 TD's
Miles Austin - 16 gms - 81 rec - 1,320 ru yds - 11 TD's

Today's match-up is between two big play WR's who will be drafted as your #1 WR. White proved that 2008 was no joke last year and no looks to take his game to the elite level. Austin came from no where and the former undrafted free agent exploded onto the scene as a legit number 1 WR. So which one is worth the pick? That is the question in today's close call!

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
R.White has been a constant badass for Atlanta 2007-2009

M.Austin has only one good season.

Last edited by a moderator:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
For the reason that 007 stated and the fact that Austin has competition this year with someone other than Roy running patterns I'm going with White.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Hod Rod in a heartbeat.

Agreed, he's a better and more consistent player. But also because Hotlanta has their ducks in a straighter row more than Dallas does where the passing game in concerned.

Walter34

Hot Rod is the clear choice. I like Miles alot, but the Dallas WR group is getting a bit crowded.

MarionBFan

Miles Austin has this one for me, looking at those stats at the top of the page its clear that in one season Miles has shown that he's someone to be watchful of.

head_deacon

I agree with MarionBFan, especially in a "Keeper" situation. I think White is at his celling, and he plays in a run first system. Plus ,with Harry Douglas coming up into the slot to steal looks, White is going to be getting less opportunity. Now, on the flip side, would you be surprised if Dallas ended up the #1 offense in every category: scoring, passing yards, passing attempts, ect....

Roddy White is consistent and safer, seemingly? M.Austin, the sky is the limit!

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
Miles Austin has this one for me, looking at those stats at the top of the page its clear that in one season Miles has shown that he's someone to be watchful of.

So you just act like the '07 and '08 seasons didn't exist?