Close Call #17: Ryan Grant vs Kevin Smith

Close Call #17: Ryan Grant vs Kevin Smith

• Total voters

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I am back and forth on these two as well. Right now I am buying the Smith hype a little bit....and will give him the edge here, but this could easily change from day to day.
:wtf: I need to find those threads from last year where you were down on this kid......and were hyping the former Bengal to talk over.....:grin:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
This result is shocking and I can't say that I have seen it play out in any mocks I have been in, and if it did I was tickled that Grant and Thomas slid.
This is where I flounder in these sometimes.

In some of these I love the fantasy value more on the "lesser" player...cause they usually give you much bigger value later.

In this case, I think they will both be very, very close in final numbers. But I am betting you can get Smith later than Grant...just due to team factor. So I lean more to K.Smith due to the better value later.

One reason I was higher on Daniels than Cooley as well. All in all I think number wise they are damn close again...but I KNOW I can get Daniels later...so I get better value that way.

Runnik's Hambones

I went Kevin Smith simply because I think we've honestly seen Grant's best years. Now when I say that, I do not mean that he will tank from here on out. He may well repeat last year's numbers. But I think Kevin Smith will out perform him.

Remote Controller

• -- Lions RB Watch - Kevin Smith Must Deal with Change in Offense --
    Thu Jul 23, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
  • Detroit Lions RB Kevin Smith showed some potential during the second half of his rookie season last year, and he has talked about his desire to be the "lead dog." But according to PSX, Smith was drafted by the previous staff because he fit a zone running scheme so well, and the Lions are now running more of a power-running attack. Smith will have to show he can fit that as well. RB Maurice Morris has an opportunity to play a bigger role than he did in Seattle. RB Aaron Brown, a sixth-round draft pick, is a skinny, speedy back who could offer a change of pace and help in the return game. Veteran FB Terrelle Smith has the edge over FB Jerome Felton, who lost the starting job as a rookie last year.

Bull

• -- Lions RB Watch - Kevin Smith Must Deal with Change in Offense --
    Thu Jul 23, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
  • Detroit Lions RB Kevin Smith showed some potential during the second half of his rookie season last year, and he has talked about his desire to be the "lead dog." But according to PSX, Smith was drafted by the previous staff because he fit a zone running scheme so well, and the Lions are now running more of a power-running attack. Smith will have to show he can fit that as well. RB Maurice Morris has an opportunity to play a bigger role than he did in Seattle. RB Aaron Brown, a sixth-round draft pick, is a skinny, speedy back who could offer a change of pace and help in the return game. Veteran FB Terrelle Smith has the edge over FB Jerome Felton, who lost the starting job as a rookie last year.
Maurice Morris couldn't beat out Shaun Alexander or Julius Jones. I wouldn't worry about him taking carries away from Kevin Smith.

RUBBER DUCKIE

Wow... FFMastermind really said that M.Morris was going to have an oppotunity to play a bigger role in Detroit then Seatle?

That's crazy. He sucks. K.Smith in Seatle would have kept him and Junkious Jones off the field for the entire year. Morris is a bandaide on the depth chart and someone to take carries in camp to keep Smith as fresh as possible.

Morris started like 6 games last year for Seatle... he won't start any for Detroit. Nothing says involved like game starts and Morris is clearly taking a huge step back there. I'm glad I've never used that site for any information.

K.Smith over R.Grant and it's not anywhere close for me.