Clinton Portis

tblGoBlue

I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on Portis' fantasy impact this year. Is he overrated as a round 2 pick? Is he going to lose a lot of carries to Betts this year?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I think he only loses carries if he gets hurt. Zorn is old school, and believes in a one back in charge type system. He will run Portis into the ground. So....having Betts as his handcuff would probably be a good idea....cause you know the wheels will fall off sometime soon.

Add to this the fact Zorn is locked on Campbell at QB...and teams will scheme to take away Portis to force Campbell to win games...and I am not all that high on him. Still, if you can hold off til late 2nd or early third....he could be a steal.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I believe Betts is dinged up right now.

I'd be much more comfortable with Portis if that offense wasn't shaping up to be really one-dimensional. He takes aenough punishment as it is without facing the 8th/9th guy in the box on every play. Plus he faded really bad late last season after dominating the first half of the year.

I can't help but look at his situation and history and think his body is about 3 years older than his actual age.