CJ Anderson

efactor

Coming at you
Wow! we'll just have to see. Ingram ahs been such a beast!

Yeah, I tend to stay away from guys who actually have a track record of sucking...........:cool:

Plus, the addition of Spiller means he gets zero love in the passing game. In addition, Spiller will get way more carries than a guy like Sproles got. People who think that the Saints are going to be a run oriented team are delusional.

efactor

Coming at you
Mark Ingram. Id rather have him than CJ Anderson. WAY better offensive line.

CJs sample size is simply too small. Did he score 8 TDs in 8 games? Sure did. Do you realize that he scored 6 of those 8 in 2 games?

The only real upside that this guy has is if he's going to get all the carries. Remember Montee Ball last year?? He was in EXACTLY this same spot. Late first rounder. Big "upside" guy. Supposed to be the lead back for Peyton. How did that work out???

Now the system has changed and the offensive line is already down their only true pro bowl caliber blocker. I just think you guys are really getting ahead of yourselves here. Doesn't it worry anyone that this guys longest run was 27 yards??

What does Ball have to do with Anderson?

This theory of thinking is so off base. Just because Ball failed doesn't mean Anderson will. And I wasn't touching Ball last year where he was drafted. I have no problem drafting Anderson at the turn or early 2nd.

efactor

Coming at you
I just wrapped up a draft where I held pick 12. It was a standard, non ppr draft and I took CJ, and DeMarco on the turn.

Nice. Was that the FF Today June draft?

I always get a kick out of how several of them pat themselves on the back for being elite drafters. One of the reasons I enjoy beating them in IBL..........

ExperiencedRookie

What does Ball have to do with Anderson?

This theory of thinking is so off base. Just because Ball failed doesn't mean Anderson will. And I wasn't touching Ball last year where he was drafted. I have no problem drafting Anderson at the turn or early 2nd.
Are you kidding me?? It's almost exactly the same thing!
An unproven guy being selected insanely high among guys who have multiple seasons of solid production based solely on "upside" because they're playing with Manning.

You guys go ahead and take a dude who had a couple nice games though. Gooooood luck using him as the anchor for your squad.

Remote Controller

An unproven guy being selected insanely high among guys who have multiple seasons of solid production based solely on "upside" because they're playing with Manning.

You guys go ahead and take a dude who had a couple nice games though. Gooooood luck using him as the anchor for your squad.
so very glad you are too young and inexperienced to recall what Terrell Davis did. That's what's great about this......one of us is right and one of us is wrong. Ingram should do great getting you 1200 combined and 8....if he stays healthy.

ExperiencedRookie

so very glad you are too young and inexperienced to recall what Terrell Davis did. That's what's great about this......one of us is right and one of us is wrong. Ingram should do great getting you 1200 combined and 8....if he stays healthy.
How old is it exactly that you think I am?

Analytics are analytics....whether you're 70 or 15.

Also, why do you think TD is so similar to CJ? Was TD coming into his "breakout" year with a sh*t offensive line that just lost its only pro bowl player? Was TD an undrafted free agent trying to hold the #1 spot in a new offense?

ExperiencedRookie

Yeah, I tend to stay away from guys who actually have a track record of sucking...........:cool:

Plus, the addition of Spiller means he gets zero love in the passing game. In addition, Spiller will get way more carries than a guy like Sproles got. People who think that the Saints are going to be a run oriented team are delusional.
Ingram was actually very effective last year. His offensive line is also miles ahead of the line in Denver.

Someone asked for a 3rd round RB who has as much upside as CJ...well there you go. It's not like Im here telling you to spend your first round pick on a guy based on 5 good games he had.

Remote Controller

How old is it exactly that you think I am?

Analytics are analytics....whether you're 70 or 15.

Also, why do you think TD is so similar to CJ? Was TD coming into his "breakout" year with a sh*t offensive line that just lost its only pro bowl player? Was TD an undrafted free agent trying to hold the #1 spot in a new offense?
I peg you at 19 and in the basement! lol! bad joke 35 -38?? I'just feel like I've seen this before.....now I am covering myself with Ball late. That's it!

efactor

Coming at you

Player A failed in 2014, therefore player B will fail in 2015 in a different system with a different head coach? Sound logic..............

efactor

Coming at you
Plus, Knowshon Moreno finished as a top 5 fantasy back in 2013. Anderson was the top producing back in FF after he took over, and Hillman did pretty well when he started. Maybe the problem is Ball just wasn't very good.

ExperiencedRookie

Plus, Knowshon Moreno finished as a top 5 fantasy back in 2013. Anderson was the top producing back in FF after he took over, and Hillman did pretty well when he started. Maybe the problem is Ball just wasn't very good.
Yeah...you might have something there. Didn't stop anyone from spending a first round pick on him because of upside last year though

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Everyone always over drafts some Rb every year. The expectations of ball in that offense were huge, not unlike Anderson this year. Difference here is, Ball you hear rumbles of issues, with ball handling and injury and knowing the playbook. None of that is going on with C.J.Anderson.

As for N.O. rbs, I agree they will run more, but assuming Spiller can stay healthy, he will be the new Sproles/Bush, in PPR that is gold. Ingram will be solid, but not spectacular, not any where near Anderson range IMO.

Remote Controller

Ball had the emergency appendectomy during the preseason then the groin problem around week 5 or 6. Snakebit season for him.