CJ Anderson

ExperiencedRookie

Guy came out if nowhere last year. What do the Outlaws make of his high price tag this year?

For me, I'll be missing out if he turns into something special. I'm assuming they'll be incorporating Kubiaks zone blocking scheme, and that has lead to other players on the death chart seemingly coming out of nowhere to be the stud

Remote Controller

It was a much smaller sample but I will never forget watching TD the last two games of the season then drafting him with my 5th overall pick the next year and they all thought I was nuts!!!! He went off and I won 3 championships that year. CJ was made for the Kubiak system and Elway knew it! I feel he has a chance to be the #1 overall this year ala Murray of 2014! I will draft him in every league I join.

Remote Controller

I had the same feeling with arian Foster his second season after seeing his first year work. Some stud back.....name escapes me....said he was gonna draft Foster in every league....said he was a beast. I feel the back of the season is the key to fantasy success. I have scored on TD, Westbrook, Foster, Faulk, Forte, and now hopefully CJ.

ExperiencedRookie

It was a much smaller sample but I will never forget watching TD the last two games of the season then drafting him with my 5th overall pick the next year and they all thought I was nuts!!!! He went off and I won 3 championships that year. CJ was made for the Kubiak system and Elway knew it! I feel he has a chance to be the #1 overall this year ala Murray of 2014! I will draft him in every league I join.
I guess I'm on the polar opposite side. I won't own him in a single league. let me try to illustrate why.

1. That offensive line is a total mess. All pro tackle Ruan Clady is already toast for the season. They've also had a guard injury, and if I heard right, they're playing a career defensive player at guard for the first time in his career. This unit needs to learns system that isn't the run of the mill blocking scheme, and they have to do it without any real supreme talent.

2. Steve Slaton. Remember him? One big year in this same system. Then he was being taken in the late 1st/early 2nd round. Dude completely busted out and he lost his job to someone who could run through the zones better. If Montee Ball was made for that system, you better believe he'll steal that job.

3. Denver has no alliance to CJ at all. He's not some proven bell cow veteran. He hasn't earned an uncontested spot. When you draft him, you'll be taking him in the same range as other RBs who have proven their worth.

This is a RISKY pick!

efactor

Coming at you
I think he will have an excellent season and wouldn't be surprised with a top 3-5 finish.

-Runs with power and has excellent vision
-Good receiver
-Has the trust of Manning
-Excellent offense with lots of scoring opportunities
-Coach who likes a bell cow back

Plus, a good value at the turn.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
He's a risk that could pay big.... But something tells me if u go that route you better buy the Insurance and grab Ball as well. I wouldn't want him if I couldn't get Ball as well.

ExperiencedRookie

He's a risk that could pay big.... But something tells me if u go that route you better buy the Insurance and grab Ball as well. I wouldn't want him if I couldn't get Ball as well.
Or even the 3rd RB. Just like how Foster came out of nowhere to be the lead back.

I just don't think CJ is supremely talented, and if he doesn't fit the system, he'll get bumped super fast.

I'd spend a 4th rounder on him...no higher

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I would imagine we'll get a pretty good gauge on the Broncos rb situation as the summer rolls on. If CJ is in fact "the man" (which he appears to be) going into the season then I would think, barring injury, he'd ball this year in kubiaks offense.

efactor

Coming at you
Or even the 3rd RB. Just like how Foster came out of nowhere to be the lead back.

I just don't think CJ is supremely talented, and if he doesn't fit the system, he'll get bumped super fast.

I'd spend a 4th rounder on him...no higher

I know we all have opinions, but passing on him in the 3rd would be insanity.........:cool:

ExperiencedRookie

I know we all have opinions, but passing on him in the 3rd would be insanity.........:cool:
I'm a stubborn guy. I have players who are in my crew and players who aren't. There are certain dudes that I won't draft unless the price tag gets ridiculously tempting. Seems there's always some player I'm more high on in every round

efactor

Coming at you
I'm a stubborn guy. I have players who are in my crew and players who aren't. There are certain dudes that I won't draft unless the price tag gets ridiculously tempting. Seems there's always some player I'm more high on in every round

There's a difference between stubborn and foolish. Passing on Anderson in the 3rd would be plain foolish. He's the obvious starter in a Kubiak system and obviously Peyton loves him, which gives him a big edge. Nobody at that point has the upside of Anderson.

Just saying

Remote Controller

I agree with him Miller. I know you are much younger than I but you did experience the TD explosion. It was a much smaller, maybe two game end of the season show, but It was evident he was gonna prosper in the Kubiak system. Last season CJ dominated the last 6 weeks as Mannings arm wore down. They are gonna run him and they have Ball to keep him rested. This is gonna be a very balanced attack yet they will still have Manning to pull the trigger if teams try to stack. I can't think of another RB who could be mentioned in the same category of upside other than the explosion of a total unknown such as Gordon. (See top 10's from other thread...or8's)

Remote Controller

Charles?
Lynch?
Murray?
Forte?
Lacy?
ADP?
Bell? Maybe after 3 games??
Foster?
McCoy?
Forsett?
Hill?
Gordon? Maybe
Yeldon? ???
Sims?
Randle, McFadden, Ryan?

efactor

Coming at you
You had me till this last line... No-one has more upside? Come on... Now that is a bit overboard.

Who has more upside than Anderson that would be going in the 3rd round?

The latest I have seen him going in mocks I have seen so far is 14-15 range, so hard for me to believe that any other 3rd rounder has more potential.

ExperiencedRookie

Who has more upside than Anderson that would be going in the 3rd round?

The latest I have seen him going in mocks I have seen so far is 14-15 range, so hard for me to believe that any other 3rd rounder has more potential.
Mark Ingram. Id rather have him than CJ Anderson. WAY better offensive line.

CJs sample size is simply too small. Did he score 8 TDs in 8 games? Sure did. Do you realize that he scored 6 of those 8 in 2 games?

The only real upside that this guy has is if he's going to get all the carries. Remember Montee Ball last year?? He was in EXACTLY this same spot. Late first rounder. Big "upside" guy. Supposed to be the lead back for Peyton. How did that work out???

Now the system has changed and the offensive line is already down their only true pro bowl caliber blocker. I just think you guys are really getting ahead of yourselves here. Doesn't it worry anyone that this guys longest run was 27 yards??