Chris "Beanie" Wells - Draft Projection - NFL Impact

dukdown

Banned
Well, four RB's should go in the top 40 picks. Wells, Moreno, McCoy and Donald Brown. I really wouldn't characterize that as a 'weak' class. And if you want to wait on a RB, you've got Andre Brown, Javon Ringer, Shonn Greene, Gartrell Johnson. What about James Davis, Ian Johnson, Arian Foster, Glenn Coffee, Mike Goodson, P.J. Hill, Jeremiah Johnson, Marlon Lucky, Kory Sheets? There's even some small school sleepers like Rashad Jennings and Bernard Scott.

I'd say that this RB class not only has star power, but is indeed deep also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Just because they go in the top 40 picks doesnt mean this is not a weak class compared to some others.

Well, four RB's should go in the top 40 picks. Wells, Moreno, McCoy and Donald Brown. I really wouldn't characterize that as a 'weak' class. And if you want to wait on a RB, you've got Andre Brown, Javon Ringer, Shonn Greene, Gartrell Johnson. What about James Davis, Ian Johnson, Arian Foster, Glenn Coffee, Mike Goodson, P.J. Hill, Jeremiah Johnson, Marlon Lucky, Kory Sheets? There's even some small school sleepers like Rashad Jennings and Bernard Scott.

I'd say that this RB class not only has star power, but is indeed deep also.
McCoy and Ringer will add serious sickness to a team with a Hammer and some WR speed.

Rashad Jennings is an interesting player. Keep seeing his name.

this class can't be weaker than the class that landed 3 in the top five (Smoooth Ronnie Brown, Ced, 'Lac).

I don't see it that way. Just because they are the "best" of a particular year does not mean they are "great".
I know you see it that way.

That is why you said what you said. Keep saying.

However, you have shifted to 'not great' after starting at 'weak'.

It is not a weak class of running backs. On the contrary.

no disrespect intended. Tell me why I am wrong.

Arctic Dawgs

email from Fanball

Mar 28, 2009 04:44 PM CDT
Wells planning visits

The News
Running back Chris Wells, out of Ohio State, will be making visits to the Denver Broncos, Cincinnati Bengals, Arizona Cardinals, San Diego Chargers and Seattle Seahawks, according to ProFootballTalk.com.

Our View
Two of those teams have picks in the top 10 - the Bengals and Seahawks - which could say a lot about how Wells is thought of. It's known the Bengals have a particular interest in him, but with so many other holes, it may be difficult for them to justify taking a running back with the sixth overall pick.

Are some of these teams thinking 2nd Rd or trading back ?? Seattle, Cincy ?? I can't see Seattle taking a RB at #4. They should be able to get what they need in the 2nd or 3rd round

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I agree AD, I think they are just doing their due diligence in case of a trade down type situation, or even a trade up situation back into the end of the first if he starts to fall. His stock has seemed to rebound some after an impressive 40 at his pro day. He took two attempts on the fast track at OSU and ran a 4.39 and a 4.38. Even on a fast track, that is a good number and seemed to put some of the questions on his speed to rest.

I can't see either Cincy or Seattle taking him at their current first round spots.

Coachnorm

The Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Adam Heller, agent for Ohio State RB Chris Wells, said there is nothing wrong with Wells' foot despite a report to the contrary. 'Beanie was examined by Dr. James Andrews in January and was given a clean bill of health. There are no issues with the toe and he's 100 percent.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Wells stated the same thing on Rome yesterday. he stated he feels the rumors have been started by teams that are trying to get him to fall into their laps. Rome asked him if that made him mad that they would do that to get him on the cheap, Wells responded, nah, it's part of the process.