Chris "Beanie" Wells - Draft Projection - NFL Impact

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Oh I have no doubt there are larger needs, but can you address the secondary needs later in the draft or free agency and take someone who could make your offense scary good?

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
I can understand the desire to have Wells, but again, I think right now Slaton can carry the load. I won't consider myself a Texans expert myself but I would suggest probably working on that secondary.

Make no mistake. Houston will take a back to ease the load on Slaton, but not in the first and certainly not Wells.

Runnik's Hambones

That's the thing, I'm not saying they shouldn't get a RB to help Slaton out, in fact a later round pick at RB is a good idea. But I think their high draft picks need to be defensive studs right now. Their offense is in no way their issue.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
That's the thing, I'm not saying they shouldn't get a RB to help Slaton out, in fact a later round pick at RB is a good idea. But I think their high draft picks need to be defensive studs right now. Their offense is in no way their issue.

Oh. Well. Just consider me post padding then.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I agree that is where they will likely go. I don't think Wells will be there to be honest. If he is, they may take a sniff, but in the end your right, DB is a greater need.....but all teams don't always draft their greatest need in the first round.

I'm not a fan of drafting strictly for need if the talent isn't par for the pick.

I agree it's highly unlikely the Texans would go that route, but the more I thought about it last night, I really started liking the idea. Would be a great situation for both backs, but not necessarily the Texans organization.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
I've always been very high on Wells. Thought he was one of those types of talents that could have gone straight to the NFL out of high school. Think he offers an excellent blend of explosiveness and agility, along with breakaway speed. A beast around the goalline, I see no reason he shouldn't be very successful at the NFL level. I have Moreno, Wells, and Donald Thomas as my top 3 backs.

do you mean donald brown from uconn? or is this some dude ive never even heard of before?

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I'm also disturbingly fond of drawing pro comps, so instead of Cadillac or AP I'll say he's a slightly smaller, more elusive Brandon Jacobs. He's a guy that will miss a game or 2 every year, rarely line up for obvious passing downs, maybe even be relegated to the "Thunder" in yet another dorky "Thunder & Lightning" duo.. but when the dust settles his line looks like 1100 yds and 10 TD's and you wonder how the hell he did it.

I have a co-worker who's a die-hard Cleveland fan and I mentioned in late December that Wells is a custom-made replacement for Jamal Lewis. Just sayin'

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Wells showed adequate, yet not tremendous, strength at the combine doing 25 reps on the bench.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Wells showed off his explosiveness with an outstanding broad jump of 10'8"!! This will definitely get some attention for a man of his size to post the best number here amoung RB's, 3 inches father than the next highest, Donald Brown.

dukdown

Banned
25 reps is more than Michael Oher or Eugene Monroe put up. That's excellent for a feature running back. Wells looked strong in the drills and showed on film he has breakaway ability. Did nothing imo to dissuade me from thinking the guy is going to be a beast in the NFL.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
yeah I actually was looking at the wrong stat column when I was commenting on these bench press results, the results for Well and Brown were well above average and towards the top. His broad jump is what is going to keep him up there, showed amazing explosiveness.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
The pundits all report this as being a weak class. I happen to agree, as I just dont see a spot on star in this group.