Calvin Johnson NO TD!!

#1bears fan

Per the rule they got it right as a Bears fan I love the call. As a Football fan I believe it is garbage and a TD all day. Do you think this rule will be revisited come March? :headscratch:

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
If Calvin wasn't such a "Hot Dog" he would have tucked the ball in to his body ... like they used to do back in 2009.
The whole deal is not the refs fault or a "bad rule" ... it's his fault for being a show off and holding the ball out there like a clown.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
I don't think he was showing off I think he was just that excited about getting the first road win in like 50 years.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
The officials have a double standard, why is that just crossing the plain inside the goal line cone often ends up with the ball carrier losing or dropping the ball, is that not a control issue ??

This rule is BS.

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
The officials have a double standard, why is that just crossing the plain inside the goal line cone often ends up with the ball carrier losing or dropping the ball, is that not a control issue ??

This rule is BS.
because in those situations the ball carrier already had control and possession of the ball. Calvin never had possession ... according to the rules.

If I were a coach, I'd be damn well showing my players how 53 players and a dozen coaches, working thier asses off, sun up to well past sun down, can have all thier hard work spoiled by such a simple lack of focus. Just tuck the ball in and we ALL win!

cctekguy

Staff member
because in those situations the ball carrier already had control and possession of the ball. Calvin never had possession ... according to the rules.

Ok....Say Calvin got hit after he caught the ball (which he did) and after his 2 feet had touched the ground (which they did) and the ball popped out...

Would it be ruled a fumble?....no, because he had possession in the end zone.

Would it be ruled Incomplete?...no, because his feet touched in the end zone while in possession of the ball.

The only reason it was ruled incomplete was because there was no reason to determine if he had possession prior to letting the ball slip out.

Stupid rule.

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
Ok....Say Calvin got hit after he caught the ball (which he did) and after his 2 feet had touched the ground (which they did) and the ball popped out...

Would it be ruled a fumble?....no, because he had possession in the end zone.

Would it be ruled Incomplete?...no, because his feet touched in the end zone while in possession of the ball.

The only reason it was ruled incomplete was because there was no reason to determine if he had possession prior to letting the ball slip out.

Stupid rule.
If you're saying that if a defender knocked the ball away instead of the ball hitting the ground, it wouldn't have been ruled incomplete ... then I'd say you're wrong.
It still would have been an incomplete pass as the WR did not maintain control.
Still the players fault, not the rule book or referee.
Tuck it in if you want to win.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
????? What bears fan wouldnt take a win!! IMO was it a TD yes. According to the rule was it a TD NO!

You said you loved the call. And you are the first to say you love the call. Yes Bears fans will take the win but they didn't like the call or how they got the win.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Catch the focking ball and come up with it... per the rules it wasn't a catch, plain and simple. The rule may be lame but it is what it is at this point.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Yes the refs got it right because you have to follow the rules whether they're good or bad. The rule definitely needs to be changed because it's one of the dumbest I've ever heard of.

and when the NFL has a rule for the "2 Minute Warning" that's saying something. What the hell are you warning them for? Who decided that two feet and an elbow down with possession isn't a TD? Who was listening to that guy?