Buy low on Ryan Mathrews?

JackG1980

The owner of Mathrews is ready to trade. I have these guys available for trade: Deangelo Williams, D. Amendola, L. Betts, L. Blount, Mike Williams (TB), Devone Bees and CJ Spiller.

What would be a good trade for me but also a fair trade.

PPR League with return yards, 25yards = 1 points

Rest of Roster
Rbs, L. McCoy, K. Moreno,
Wrs, Austin, AJ,
TE, Z. Miller, Moaiko

Last edited by a moderator:

mills

I also was thinking of trading for Mathews... I have Wells, Stewart and BJGE with some picks/WR's I could include.

JackG1980

redraft, i am thinking of Deangelo straight up or CJ Spiller and Devone Bees. Also of thinking of trying to package CJ Spiller and 2 from (amendola, M. Williams or Bees) for Mathrews and Colston.

JackG1980

Ryan Mathews is expected to retake his starting job "soon," perhaps as early as Week 6 against the Rams.

The Chargers want to see Mathews (ankle) make it through a full practice week healthy. He was limited on Friday entering Week 5. "He obviously gives us a burst," said coach Norv Turner after Mathews significantly outproduced Mike Tolbert in a per-carry basis Sunday. "... Ryan will be our lead guy. That’s why he’s here. I look forward to him being our lead guy."

With this news I made an offer. He is averaging 5.2 YPC, good enough for 8th in the NFL. The offer is CJ Spiller, Devone Bees and Mike Williams (TB) for Colston and Mathrews. If the trade is accepted my new team will look like this

QBs T. Brady, S. Bradford
RBs L. McCoy, K. Moreno, Deangelo W., R. Mathrews, L. Betts, A. Dixon.
Wrs Andre Johnson, Miles Austin, Colston, Amendola. (Will pick up Lee Evans off waivers)
TE Z. Miller, T. Moaiko

What do yall think? This is a 12 team league

JackG1980

I think your offer is weak, but possibly a nice starting point.

Spiller is considered a low end RB2 13.19 ppg (22) in this scoring format.
Bees 13.21 ppg (30) and Williams 11.97 ppg (35) are both solid WR3s. Neither Ryan Mathews 8.67 ppg nor Colston 9.25 ppg are in the top 50 at their position. I believe this is a solid trade. I will be open to counters but not much. I will try to sell this trade.

**** () - position ranks.

cctekguy

Staff member
Go for it.

....but if your logic were sound, you wouldn't trade a 13.3 a 13.2 and an 11.9 for a 8.7 and a 9.2.

But you know what everyone else knows. Spiller is at least a year from being worth a crap, Bess is waiver wire fodder and Williams is a flier for keeper leagues.

Colston and Mathews are #1's on their respective teams and have much higher value than your 13. whatever wanna-be's.