Bucs WR Michael Clayton Returns To Practice.

Coachnorm

Clayton had missed a week of practice and a preseason game with a tweaked hammy. He has returned to practice and should play this week against Jacksonville. His return may give an added boost to Bucs WR corp.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
He's looked very good so far in camp. Bryant, Clayton and Clark should be very formidable.
Oh good grief, will this never end?

I can't remember how many times I have heard how well he looks, and does NOTHING during the season...either hurt or disappears. At some point you just have to give it up ...and walk away....seriously...:runaround::rolllaugh:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'm with Phic, this guy had a grat rookie year and has been a dud ever since......time to walk away ;)

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I have a feeling if he got dealt to the Patriots, Colts, or Saints ya'll would trip all over yourselves running to the wire to grab him.

Not saying he's a world-beater but he's shown what he's capable of and he's physically gifted. His light bulb however, seems to be in limbo.

Bayton

Previous thoughts about Clayton are fair and expected. But, anyone who has listened too the podcast for an extended period of time, KNOWS my thoughts on gruden. He would not even give him opportunities in practice to catch the ball. If you aren't allowed to catch the ball in practice(meaning he was not used as receiving threat/target in practice), how in the world can you be expected to show up in the game. He was in the ultimate dog house since after his 2nd season and was never let out. With Morris as the coach and gruden out of the picture, as long as he doesn't run his body into the ground with how quick and intensely he is running his routes and the obvious QB situation, he is poised to get 800+ yards easily. not a fantasy stud, but still a good #3 wr at a minimum. You guys have no idea how much Gruden messed up Clayton just like he messed up the bucs psyche. He is a man with a totally different attitude and is acting like a man possessed.

He was very good his rookie year, but also remember he was the only WR option left and was force feed the ball. He has developed since then and during the 2 training camp practices i saw him in, he never dropped the ball, a weakness of his the last few years. His rookie year he caught just about everything thrown too him because he was just reacting and not messed up mentally. Of course, stay away from him if you want, I think he is definitely worth picking up late.

Mario Ur(something) actually could still make some noise, that guy is impressively quick to go with his size and height.

Last edited by a moderator:

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
There's a reason they call Gruden "Chucky"... He's so much of a Chucky twin that they made t-shirts and toys in the Gruden-Chucky likeness and tried to market the attitude as a positive thing. Bayton's right, it wasn't positive for the players. Without airing dirty laundry, just think back to Kansas City's courting experience with Gruden soon after getting his pink slip.

http://www.kansascity.com — It took all day and phone conversations with a former Tampa Bay quarterback and Warren Sapp, but I'm over my Jon Gruden love affair.

And where is Gruden coaching this year???

I'm excited to see Clayton return this year with a new landscape to really grow in. The potential is undeniably there.

I'm hoping your assessments are correct and Clayton gets the opportunity to contribute. If he has been holding onto everything he should be able to come into his own.

I did like Gruden but his offenses never really lit up the scoreboard. Something just never seemed right as to Clayton's total disappearance after year one and I'm hoping the changes turn out to finally prove he is an NFL/fantasy caliber player and not a 1 year wonder.