Bucs QB

Remote Controller

I believe this happens this year. It needs to happen in my opinion.

• -- Josh Freeman Could Start This Season --
    Thu Jun 18, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
  • In an update to yesterday's story, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are re-evaluating the plans for first-round draft pick QB Josh Freeman and will consider starting him this season if he continues to progress in training camp according to the St. Petersburg Times. Quarterbacks coach Greg Olson said, "it's not out of the question'' Freeman takes the path that the Falcons QB Matt Ryan and the Ravens QB Joe Flacco took last year and starts as a rookie. Olson met with GM Mark Dominik, HC Raheem Morris, pro scouting coordinator Doug Williams and other coaches, and they concluded they might need to accelerate Freeman's development.

Runnik's Hambones

The reports from OTAs say that he's doing great. He's progressing everyday and making exceptionally accurate passes. We should wait and see how he throws under pressure though. Any rookie QB can throw in 7-on-7 drills.

ExperiencedRookie

Interesting. I think every player in OTAs is getting praise though.

I still think BL is the guy for the job personally. I actually like that dude.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
BL will probably start the season but his skills or lack of will put him on the bench by the 4th game and Josh will come into start. This is only if JF doesn't start the season, which is a much better decision than BL starting. He is no starter, he is a career clip board holder.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I'm pretty sure he started the majority of the time he was in Jacksonville. And although he may've been the one holding a clipboard the past couple years, Freeman needs to be the one holding that role this year. At least until December.

Freeman is nowhere near as polished as Ryan or Flacco coming out of college, and he's got far less to work with than either of those 2 had in '08. If they start him from day 1, he'll be toast before their bye week.

No offense to the Tampa-St. Pete posse, but that team isn't going anywhere this year anyway, so they might as well play it intelligently with their QBotF.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I've had the horrible luck of having to watch him in Jacksonville and Pittsburgh. And he just sucks. He crys 'cause he wants to start but honestly he is not starting material. A backup maybe, maybe even to be used late in the season to rest the starter for the playoffs. I get what your saying and like it, feed BL to the wolves. TB could have done worse, they could have V young as a QB next year.

Bayton

dont intend to hijack the thread, but usf is not the 2nd best college team in FL. sorry, byron is not who i want to start, even in the short term. he is a quality backup, someone who gives you a chance to win the game, nothing more. mcnown should start. Mcnown is one of the best athletes(no joke) on the team with a strong arm.if he doesnt do well, hand it over to freeman after we get destroyed by the pats in London.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Ya'll need to spell check more often. The best college in Florida is FSU <tomahawk chop chop>. No other coach in Florida has the stamina and record that Bobby Bowden has AND their brand of football continues to swing back into competitive gear time and time again. As a resident Gator-Hater, I must object to the notion that UF is #1. USF is #2 no question.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I agree that FSU will be improved this year, it's just too bad BB had to keep pace with JoePa using ineligible players.

At least Urban's criminals keep their grades up!

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
dont intend to hijack the thread, but usf is not the 2nd best college team in FL. sorry, byron is not who i want to start, even in the short term. he is a quality backup, someone who gives you a chance to win the game, nothing more. mcnown should start. Mcnown is one of the best athletes(no joke) on the team with a strong arm.if he doesnt do well, hand it over to freeman after we get destroyed by the pats in London.

Hold on a second. I thought you guys were drinking the Freeman Hatorade immediately following draft weekend? Now since he's a summertime workout warrior he's equipped to start?

Don't get me wrong, he's got some skills to be a decent Pro QB, but chucking him to the lions anytime before week 14 would be a tragic mistake, regardless of the team's record.

McCown has some athletic ability, but is he really much different from J.P. Losman or Patrick Ramsey, except he was drafted lower?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Leftwhich is simply more talented than Freeman will ever be.....they can try to hype him up all they want....doesn't mean he can read a defense.... B....U....S....T!!!!

Runnik's Hambones

I'm gunna have to first disagree with Ryan in that I want Byron starting over McCowen and Freeman. End of story.

While I hate UF with a passion, and I grew up an FSU fan, I'm a Bulls fan through and through. We'll see though. Check those college football schedules, boys. USF heading to Tallahassee this fall to settle this thing once and for all.