Bucs-Dolphins Game

DearbornDolfan

This is going to be interesting. Not in the sense that it will be a close game, because it won't be, but in the sense that we get to see what both teams have (or don't).

1) If Ricky and Ronnie don't rush for a hundred, I will be shocked. The Fins have run all over mediocre and above average rush defense, it would be generous to call the Bucs' run D below average.

2) I want to see how Freeman fares against an improving Miami pass D.

3) As an extension of the previous, does K2 have a big game like other elite tight ends have had playing Miami or does the Fins keep him contained to a modest game?

Runnik's Hambones

ROFL... sorry Dearborn....

I think the Bucs have a chance, but I think Miami ultimately wins this one. It comes down to one thing, Bucs Defense/Special Teams. Freeman and that offense can't win football games. But the defense and ST can.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Miami should win, but it will be close, Miami is an average team....nothing more, nothing less....

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Not that Freeman is an all-star QB, but the Bucs might could bring home another W this week if we utilize the residual momentum from last week. Like RH said, it's all in the D/ST. Stovall should start for the 2nd game this week. Graham is now playing Fullback leaving the run game to Caddy and Ward. Not nearly as polished as the Fins, but clicking into gear nonetheless.

The Fins passing game has some weaknesses and if we're on our game, we should be able to make something of it. I am expecting Brown and Williams to wear through some tread on their tires. Henne's looking better and better each week.

Miami's offense is by far more creative than ours and the Bucs will be happy just to connect and move the chains. Close game? Maybe. Either way it will be a good one!

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
Good news for the Bucs: Joey Porter is benched for the game. Should leave a few running lanes open across the middle.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
cbssports.com reports, News: Tampa Bay will be without WR Antonio Bryant against Miami on Sunday of Week 10. Bryant will miss the game with a knee injury and also sat out last week's win over Green Bay because of a knee injury that's bothered him since training camp.

DearbornDolfan

The Fins passing game has some weaknesses and if we're on our game, we should be able to make something of it.

The problem with this logic chain is the assumption that Miami is even going to have to pass. The Buc's run D is awful, so I am expecting lots and lots of running to set up play action passes when Henning decides he wants to at all.

DearbornDolfan

Good news for the Bucs: Joey Porter is benched for the game. Should leave a few running lanes open across the middle.

Porter's been a nonentity this year. I expect Taylor to start on the weak side and a rotation of Wake/Roth on the strong side, depending on the situation.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
But I'm pretty sure our cheerleaders didn't just block that field goal. And since Henne/Camarillo have hooked up twice already, I'll doubt the aerial attack was grounded today.

We shall see DD.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Good game DD. My ears are still ringing from all the screaming in those final minutes.

The Bucs lost, but at least I scored some extra yardage from Ricky Williams LOL.