Brown released... What is next for the Diva?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
NFL will meet with the accuser against A. Brown next week. So not sure we see any move by NFL til that meeting.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Belly-Check said that AB will practice today and then walked out of his briefing early because of all of the Brown questions. Boy you bought yourself a headache this time Bill.

Phicinfan

Administrator
DA in Pittsburgh is now looking into the A. Brown issues - the only incident that happened in that area was in 2017 - exposing himself and forcably kissing her. Not sure this goes anywhere...

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Why not place him on the exempt list until they can investigate? Pretty specific accusations... Why would the NFL want to open themselves up on this one. Might not end well for AB... But then again, he's gonna play this weekend so who knows...

JScott

Administrator
I know via the CBA that Goodell has the right to do it, but AB has his own specifics. It seems to be a classic he-said / she-said. With a lot of reasonable doubt I think it's tough for the Commish to put him on the Exemption list.

ETA: If it ends up just being a money grab the NFL looks bad for "guilty until proven innocent". Its a no-win situation for them.

JScott

Administrator
Also, just thought of this... if the accuser was meeting with the NFL starting this week then AB maybe goes on the Exemption now. Since she's not available until after her wedding then may the NFL is waiting to decide until then.

JScott

Administrator
Lots of things to point to. She's also sueing another NFL player. And why go back to your rapist's house 3 times over a year ('17-'18). Also if the texts are real AB talks about putting his junk on her. Just bad all around.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I know via the CBA that Goodell has the right to do it, but AB has his own specifics. It seems to be a classic he-said / she-said. With a lot of reasonable doubt I think it's tough for the Commish to put him on the Exemption list.

ETA: If it ends up just being a money grab the NFL looks bad for "guilty until proven innocent". Its a no-win situation for them.
I understand, and don't completely disagree, but with accusations like this, erroring on the side of caution seems like a reasonable and prudent thing to do. He still gets paid, he just can't be out there until they sort some of it out.

Dunno, just seems like they have used it in lesser cases. Guess we will see how it plays out.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Lots of things to point to. She's also sueing another NFL player. And why go back to your rapist's house 3 times over a year ('17-'18). Also if the texts are real AB talks about putting his junk on her. Just bad all around.
Rape occurred on the third visit, not before. The first two she walked away from him, he came back to her later after apologizing, and then she was willing to try again. Not smart but I don't think you can expect he would rape you.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
  • Ian Rapoport reports Britney Taylor, who is suing Brown for alleged sexual assault, will meet with league investigators on Monday.
    Source: NFL.com

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I actually think the way the Pat's use him today will tell you a lot about what they think about the suit. If he is used early and often to try to get him involved, you have someone they feel will be around and is worth trying to get integrated asap. If they use him primarily in mop up duty or he sees minimal targets and usage, this is a sign to me they are very worried about relying too much on the troubled WR.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
  • According to ESPN's Jeff Darlington, Antonio Brown began settlement talks with Britney Taylor in April including mediation in May, but ultimately chose not to sign an agreement that would have paid his accuser over $2 million.
    The deadline for a settlement was last Sunday at 10 PM. When Brown declined the terms, Taylor filed a civil suit in Florida, seeking damages for three incidents of alleged sexual assault. The lawsuit was filed Tuesday, a day after Brown's Patriots contact became official. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport previously reported that New England was unaware of any settlement talks between Brown and his accuser while adding that owner Robert Kraft wouldn't have signed off on his deal had he known AB was facing such allegations. The controversial receiver will make his Patriots debut Sunday against Miami.

Source: Jeff Darlington on Twitter

KillerFins

Staff member
At best his is a diva, worst he is a sexual predator. I don't like the guy, think he exemplifies the worst about the NFL and social culture. That being said, I think he is owed, like everyone else, a chance to defend himself from such serious accusations. He should be able to play until there is proof of his guilt. He asn't arrested or charged with anything. At this point, it's a civil case.