Broncos/Jets talking LB for Marshall

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
The Denver Broncos would want New York Jets linebacker David Harris in any trade scenario for wide receiver Brandon Marshall, two NFL sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

There is no indication that the Jets would surrender Harris, who was fifth on the team in tackles last season despite playing only 11 games due to groin surgery. He led the Jets in tackles the previous season.

Marshall has requested a trade from the Broncos, and new coach Josh McDaniels finally suspended him this week for conduct detrimental to the team.

In any trade for Marshall, Denver would reportedly like a player who could contribute to its team this season and a draft pick that would help later on. But the Broncos aren't making any deal if they don't think it improves them now. That has left them without a viable deal. McDaniels went so far as to say that the Broncos aren't shopping their disgruntled receiver.

"There are no discussions whatsoever taking place between the Denver Broncos and any team in the National Football League regarding Brandon Marshall," McDaniels said Wednesday. "We are looking forward to having Brandon back on the sixth of September and starting our preparation for Cincinnati with him."

Id do the deal if Ryan can get anything out of Gholston

Runnik's Hambones

I heard about this earlier today. If Josh McDaniels wants to loose his job by the end of the season, he'll make this deal. While I think David Harris and a draft pick or 2 for Marshall would be reasonable, it would mean that he came in and destroyed everything that team had going for it.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I heard about this earlier today. If Josh McDaniels wants to loose his job by the end of the season, he'll make this deal. While I think David Harris and a draft pick or 2 for Marshall would be reasonable, it would mean that he came in and destroyed everything that team had going for it.

I dont know.........

The Cutler thing was avoidable, but it happened.

Marshall is a pain in the ass that needs to be dumped. Move him on and go with what you got. He isnt going to play worth a damn because he knows he can get out at the end of the year anyway.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
I say they pay to not be on the team. Then he can find a new team at the end of the season.

Mike

Administrator
The Cutler thing was avoidable, but it happened.

The Josh McDaniels thing was avoidable, but it happened. All Bowlen had to do was keep his very good head coach. Teams struggle, replacing a coach of this stature makes no sense.

Mike

Administrator
You dont think it was time for a change? Honestly.

No, I don't buy into the "time for change" philosophy. Sometimes picks don't pan out, and you go through a bad spell.

Look at how long the Steelers rolled with Bill Cowher. 4th year in, he got the team to a Super Bowl, and lost. Then a couple seasons of playoff football, followed by a stretch of mediocre seaons, where everyone was calling for "change".

ownership realized he was a damn good coach, and 10 years after that Super Bowl loss, 4 of those seasons not making the playoffs, and 3 of those being losing seasons, the team emerged as a Super Bowl winner.

When you have a very good head coach, you don't simply change for the sake of change.

Mike

Administrator
I think Mike Shanahan is outstanding at what he does. The team is going through tough times, that is all. Shanahan takes a bullet as a result. Never should have happened. Tell me that Shanahan is becoming the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, and I am very happy.

Mike

Administrator
Seriously, the guy is not far removed from a 13-3 season. (2005). Losing seasons are very few and far between (Cowher has more).

Shanahan worked with many big changes after the Super Bowl years, including retirements and unfortunate injuries.

He was currently working through the development of a quarterback that unknowingly struggled through playing with diabetes.

Things were coming back together for this team, the owner chose to crap on all of it.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
We will find out soon. I expect him to be the front man in Dallas in 2010
Posted via Mobile Device

Runnik's Hambones

I have to agree with Mike here. Josh McDaniels should have never been hired because Shanny should have never been canned. He's an excellent coach that was on pace to do great things in Denver again. He was going to address that defense and I think that if they had not fired him we'd be talking about the Broncos as a contender for the AFC West. It's San Diego's division to loose now.