would leave me with:

QB: peyton
RB: felix and AP
WR: roddy, crabtree, doucet, edelman
TE: dallas
DEF: San fran

good deal? why/why not?

brtdud7

why do you think it's too much? i'm not sayign you're wrong, just trying to see your reasoning as to why

the difference between peyton and rodgers is minimal except for the age and, point-wise, the difference between fitz and roddy is minimal as well.

maybe i could try to substitute crabtree, but as a niner fan, i like him!

is this just a lost cause? it sounds like i might either be giving him too much or too little and there's no in-between

Last edited by a moderator:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'm looking long term in the values at the QB. Rodgers will be a 10 yr stud IMO. You have him, barring injury, and you can lock that position down for the next decade and not have to worry about it. Manning is great, but he will start to decline at some point. So I do see this, in a dynasty league, as a pretty big drop.

Fitzgerald to White is much bigger IMO than you are making it out to be. Again, this is a lock down stud for many years. Fitz is just 26!! I know it seems liek he's been around forever, but he is just entering the prime years of his career. In fact, he is 2 years younger than White! This is the difference between having a year in year out top 5 WR for the next 5-8 yrs and having a top 10 WR for the next 3 years or so. This is a big drop off from Elite to very good.

Benson to AP. Your right, your getting a STUD RB who is young and damn good! At only 24 the sky may be the limit for what he can do. But he also has a lot of wear already as a young man and takes a lot of punichment with his style. How long will he hold up? Will his fumble issues get the best of him (doubt it, but never know). Benson is durable and while he got a heavy work load this year, was limited in the NFL till then. He's not AP, but he's in a run oriented offense and should be able to keep it up for 2-3 years.

Wild card: I'm going to toss out the relevence of the safety in this, a safety thast had 18 tackles last year is WW fodder. So this comes down to Donald Brown. In that offense, he could be the future feature runner and could turn into a very good #2 RB. He's only in his 2nd year so he still carries some good value. Tossing him in when you are already giving up 2 significant young long term solution to two spots to only get 1 in return is too much for me.

This deal in a redaft league makes more sense and is actually one I would do. But in a dynasty, there is no way I'm giving up Rodgers and Fitzgerald both, even if it lands me AP. This makes you dependant on AP instead of being well balancd as you are now.

If you sub in Crab for Fitz I would then likely roll the dice b/c you still have Fitz to anchor and you add White. You drop a bunch of youth in the deal losing Crab, but there is no gaurentee how great Crab will or will not be. I like that deal much better for you.

brtdud7

thanks for the well-thought out post, miller. i've asked this question around a bit and the replies have basically been split 50-50

since this offer was placed like 3 days ago i have definitely rethought it and am opposed to it. i had never really heavily thought about it; i really just told him who i wanted so he shot an offer

he has told me he is basically interested in rodgers and fitz, so i might try to lowball him, like try rodgers, fitz, brown and his first round pick for peyton, roddy, AP, and like a 4th round draft pick and see what happens :)

if we can redo a deal i'll shoot it in this thread first

Runnik's Hambones

I couldn't agree more with Miller. You'll see a decline in both AP and Peyton before you see a decline in the players you have because it's a dynasty league.

brtdud7

is there anything you guys think i should try to do with my current roster?

i would like to try to get rodgers in a deal that gets me a top 5 QB (brees, rivers, etc) if it could get me a top RB...

i assume that the only problem that there is with my roster is the lack of a true top RB (MJD, AP, turner, ray rice, etc)?
if i had to try to deal a RB, should i try to dump off benson or felix jones first (i'm not sure what the cowgirl RB situation will be next year)?

brtdud7

QB: Rodgers
RB: Benson, Donald Brown, Felix Jones
WR: Fitz, Crabtree, Doucet, Edelman
TE: Dallas Clark

I don't expect the defenseto make a difference
also
Stat Categories: Passing Yards (50 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (2)
Interceptions (-1)
Rushing Yards (25 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (2)
Reception Yards (25 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (2)
Return Touchdowns (2)

i figured that rather than just posting different trade possibilities i could try, i could just see what i need and what you guys think i could likely try fill that need (like trade felix and fitz to a team needing a WR for a top RB and mid WR, etc)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Man that scoring system is extremely different!

Not sure what to do here.with the low scoring, but I would build from your core group of Rodgers and Fitz. Maybe try to deal Crabtree and one of your RB's for an upgrade at RB. Doen't have to be a top 5, look at that next tier.
Posted via Mobile Device

brtdud7

yeah the scoring itself is pretty stupid... our league commissioner said he wants to keep the scoring down (IMO, at the expense of the fun of the league)

a quick reference to this: if a player's team loses, they get -1 point. from the socring you can already see, that is like almost losing 1/6 of your points if your team loses

also, defenses lose 4 points for every 6 points they give up. ridiculous!

brtdud7

yeah i would but i never see any open spots in dynasty leagues and i don't want to get into pay fantasy football like you guys have since this is only my 2nd year

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
The league scoring sounds almost like the one i was in on ESPN, i had to leave after one season mainly because of the scoring.

There are plenty of public leagues you could join with your friends with traditional scoring, you could also start your own league for free.

brtdud7

no no of course i can join public/private leagues with friends which i am going to do

but what i meant is that i have never seen any dynasty/keeper leagues that are open that i can join that are free

can i really make my own keeper league for free?

brtdud7

he has offered AP for benson and either FJ or DB

i wonder if i could get away with benson, FJ/DB and crabtree for AP and roddy? could that happen? should i give FJ or DB?

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
no no of course i can join public/private leagues with friends which i am going to do

but what i meant is that i have never seen any dynasty/keeper leagues that are open that i can join that are free

can i really make my own keeper league for free?

I believe if you start your own league (commissioner) you can do it any way you want