Bell and Blount smoking a Blount

bodey24

Staff member
LeVeon Bell and Blount were both arrested today for possession of marijuana. Bell was also charged with DUI. I'll try to find the link.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!

Steelers RBs @LG_Blount @L_Bell26 to face charges on pot possession. Bell also to face DUI charge

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Yup, just got an email from FBG's. From their email:

from the Fansided.com article by Josh Sanchez:

"According to multiple media reports, the two running backs were arrested with 20 grams of marijuana in the back of the car. They were arrested in Ross Township.

"They were cooperative during the arrest.

"Le'Veon Bell was also charged with a DUI."

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
More on arrests of Steelers RBs LeVeon Bell and LeGarrette Blount:

Bell and Blount will be charged with marijuana possession following a traffic stop Wednesday afternoon. Ross Township detective Brian Kohlhepp said traffic officer Sean Stafiej pulled over a Camaro operated by Bell around 1:30 p.m. after Stafiej, who was on a motorcycle, noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. Stafiej found a 20 gram bag of marijuana inside the car. Bell, Blount and a female passenger all claimed ownership of the marijuana according to police. Bell, 22, was taken to a hospital to have blood drawn and is expected to be charged with driving under the influence of marijuana. Bell, Blount and the female passenger were arrested and released. All three are expected to receive notice of formal charges through the mail said Kohlhepp. The possession and DUI charges are both misdemeanors. The Steelers play a preseason game in Philadelphia on Thursday.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
per PFT, it should be first time offense in NFL drug policy, so no missed games, unless Goodell decides to go rogue again.

My bigger concern is Rooney, and not wanting another Roethlisberger bad PR issue. So some team fine or penalty may be coming.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
First time DUI is subject to action though..... Correct?

Isn't that what Bowe I'd sitting for?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette says Le'Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount "probably face no more than a one-game suspension and that won't come anytime soon."

There's plenty of precedent here that will allow Bell and Blount to suit up for the entire season. In cases like this pending marijuana possession charge, the NFL waits for the legal process to play out before handing down discipline under the personal conduct policy. Lawyers won't have a problem delaying any proceedings. Note that Dwayne Bowe was caught with marijuana in a car last November, and didn't get hit with his one-game ban until last week.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
First time DUI is subject to action though..... Correct?

Isn't that what Bowe I'd sitting for?
yeah as posted by Mud, I do believe fine and one game suspension is doable. Key is they go to testing every week, instead of randomly once or twice a year. Which means if they have a problem, they will be getting more issues sooner rather than later.