BC coach Jagodzinski could be fired for Jets interview

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'd love to see BC try this......and I'd love to see Jagodzinski sue the hell out of them if they did! Talk about a slap in the face......

I'm glad he is interviewing regardless.

Mike

Administrator
From what I hear, he has something in his contract that doesn't allow him to seek any NFL jobs for a specific amount of time. If that is the case, I don't blame BC for doing this.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Bush league. Coaching is a business. BC can't blame the guy for exploring options.

Mike

Administrator
I'm thinking it was some sort of 3 year clause or something. I was hearing about it last night, but don't remember the specifics.

Mike

Administrator
The bad thing here is this is all over an interview where he likely won't get the job anyway. All reports indicat that Jagodzinski is very low on the list of possibilities, so this likely leaves him out of a job entirely.

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
foolish.
Why would BC threaten to fire the guy if it wasn't stated in his contract that he wouldn't be allowed to interview for an NFL job without permission?
... and why would the coach agree to be interviewed if he had such a clause in his contract?

Someone is way out of line here. I have the feeling it's the coach.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I think this is the first step to all these colleges who are signing their coaches to large extensions to keep the coach...putting their foot down to really keep that coach. How many times have we seen a college get a coach...they do well, the team signs the big extension when other teams come calling....and then the next year the coach leaves? You knew this had to come to an end at some point. If BC was smart enough to put verbage in the contract to say you can't for a period of time, or you can't without team permission...then he is screwed. I for one am kind of glad to see this. I get tired of seeing these coaches signing huge contracts..then walking away anyways.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
It's Boston College not Texas, Florida, Oklahoma, USC, teams like that. I can see where both sides are coming from, but good grief.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
If they don't have specific language in their contract about this.....this is a dumb move for them. Regardless it's a dumb move, but one that should get them sued if they don't have the contract clause.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
i know BC is trying to make a point, but which one exactly is it? is it, hey thanks for turning us into a bcs contender but we'd rather make a point and go back to mediocrity? cuz they are making it.

I'd still think this was Tom O'Brians team here. Jags has only two recruiting classes in place. Last year's 11-3 team was all O'Brian's boys.