Anyone Starting Tevin Coleman?

cctekguy

Staff member
Atlanta's backfield is looking like a situation to avoid in fantasy but I'm wondering if this week isn't the week to start him.

Devonta Freeman is gimpy, Antone Smith is gone. Teron Ward is the only back-up to speak of so he should be getting the bulk of the snaps.

It should be a high scoring game @ Philly on Monday night and Philly's D is good but not great.

For me, my other choice is Mark Ingram @ Az. Not a great match-up for a between the tackles runner though he has been getting more usage in the passing game. Spiller is out but Khiry is a legitimate carry threat.

Who are you starting Coleman over or who are you benching Coleman for?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
At first blush most would jump on Ingram and that includes myself. Butt you bring up an interesting point. One player you drafted and one you traded for. A local guy you can watch on local TV or the dreadful Dirty Birds. Yeah, I still go Ingram but it might be your best opportunity to start Freeman for 3-4 weeks.

Dang good question and I hope others chime in.

ExperiencedRookie

Im starting Coleman in one league, but only because of lack of better options.

Roll with Ingram. Take advantage of Spiller being out and Mark getting a full workload this week

cctekguy

Staff member
Well, this thread has become moot because Freeman is gonna play which puts the Atlanta backfield back into the "fantasy unfriendly" realm.

...so what about Sankey instead of Ingram? No time share, pitiful Tampa D....

Just don't feel good about Ingram this week :oops:

ExperiencedRookie

Well, this thread has become moot because Freeman is gonna play which puts the Atlanta backfield back into the "fantasy unfriendly" realm.

...so what about Sankey instead of Ingram? No time share, pitiful Tampa D....

Just don't feel good about Ingram this week :oops:
Dude...you gotta play Ingram. Hes a great play this week, especially in PPR with Spiller being out. He's going to get a ton of work, and hes almost certainly the goal line carrier too.

cctekguy

Staff member
Coleman didn't score a lot of points but had 20 carries and Freeman was healthy. That's a little confidence boost for those of us that own him.

...and you guys nailed Ingram. THANKS!

Turns out I should have started Bishop Sankey over LAMAR MILLER LOL.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Coleman didn't score a lot of points but had 20 carries and Freeman was healthy. That's a little confidence boost for those of us that own him.

...and you guys nailed Ingram. THANKS!

Turns out I should have started Bishop Sankey over LAMAR MILLER LOL.
I will tell you what, Coleman showed me alot in that game, granted Philly def was not all that stout, but still he ran with speed and power. Like this kid for future with Atlanta.
Sankey won't last I don't think, think they will either draft next year, or if Cobb comes back start using him. They have West as well, not sure if he will get carries.

cctekguy

Staff member
Well, I started Coleman week 2 and it was going pretty well until he got injured :mad:

Good news is, I now have Freeman in a "no RBBC environment" and he looked really good yesterday.