A.P. working on "Butter Fingers"

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
Adrian Peterson is working with a sand-filled, 14-pound football in order to improve his ball security.

A.P. notoriously fumbled three times in the NFC title game, and has racked up 16 regular season fumbles over the last two years. The 14-pound ball is "football's version of a medicine ball." After reading all last spring about Peterson's weight-gain plan, it's nice to hear about an actual good idea.
Source: vikings.com

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I saw that last night on NFL Total Access. Jamie Dux brought up a good point. That if he trains with that heavy ball, he might be tempted to carry the ball too high, due to the football being much lighter.

cctekguy

Staff member
Give him a balloon to practice with so he learns how to protect the ball.

Every popped balloon counts as a fumble.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I saw that last night on NFL Total Access. Jamie Dux brought up a good point. That if he trains with that heavy ball, he might be tempted to carry the ball too high, due to the football being much lighter.
High and tight is how Barber solved his issue.

AP's issue is in the mechanical IMO, he needs to keep it tight to his body, he leaves it hanging out there way too often.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
AP's issue is in the mechanical IMO, he needs to keep it tight to his body, he leaves it hanging out there way too often.

That's it exactly Miller. When he runs, the ball is not tight to his body, leaving it exposed to the defense.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
:rant:
Okay, the title of this thread bothers me.

Everytime I read it I wonder why A.P. is working for a candy bar company!...then I get hungry thinking of those delicious crispy bars....:banghead:

end :rant:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Adrian Peterson hasn’t been available to the Vikings media since the NFC Championship Game, and he might not be available this weekend either. An event in his hometown might keep him away from the mandatory minicamp.

Many fans were wondering why, during a recent interview with Adrian Peterson, NFL Network’s Solomon Wilcots didn’t ask any questions about A.D.’s fumbling problems. It has been a hot-button topic – one that only got stronger considering Peterson’s fumbling issues during the NFC Championship Game. Even though the background on the story included film footage of the Vikings using a 14-pound football (the footballl equivalent to a medicine ball),
Scout.com: Will Peterson answer fumbling questions?

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
Adrian Peterson hasn’t been available to the Vikings media since the NFC Championship Game, and he might not be available this weekend either. An event in his hometown might keep him away from the mandatory minicamp.

It's Adrian Peterson Day in his home town

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
Coach Brad Childress made it clear Friday that he's less than thrilled that Adrian Peterson will miss this weekend's minicamp.

Childress didn't find out about the plans for "Adrian Peterson Day" in Palestine, Texas until the middle of this week, and he emphasized that this is a "mandatory" minicamp. Suggesting that Peterson's situation is in no way comparable to that of Brett Favre, Childress also said discipline would be discussed. The Vikes have allowed Peterson to stay away from voluntary work all offseason, but they want him here for install.
Source: ESPN.com

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
cbssports.com,
The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that Vikings coach Brad Childress said he has not talked to RB Adrian Peterson this weekend. On Friday, Childress expressed his displeasure with Peterson's decision to skip the mandatory minicamp so he could attend the fourth annual "Adrian Peterson Day" on Saturday in Palestine, Texas. Childress did not say if any decision has been made to fine Peterson for his absence. "I haven't had a lot of time to think about it, so no," Childress said. Peterson could be fined $9,442.

MarionBFan

I think the medicine ball may solve Adrian's problem only if he learns to control the actual football and the medicine ball.