2020 post draft FA moves and roster moves - and other news and rumors

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Dalvin Cook's agent refuted a report that he was planning to report to training camp on time for the second time in three hours on Saturday evening.
This time, Cook's rep was denying RBs coach Kennedy Polamalu hearsay passed along by an NFL Network reporter. “Dalvin and coach Polamalu speak often as they have a great relationship," Cook's rep began. "Dalvin has never mentioned to him anything in regards to reporting to camp. I’m not sure where the miscommunication is. I hope Dalvin plays a major role in the Vikings future success.” At this point, there is little left to do but sit back and wait for report No. 5. Vikings camp begins on Tuesday. We aren't any closer to knowing if Cook will be there.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
NYG - sign K Chandler Catanzaro to a one year deal, as they are set to cut Aldrick Rosas K for all his off field issues
Chargers - sign full class
Joe Douglas GM Jets - on trade to Adams is spinning it saying it was an offer he couldn't refuse...
Cowboys - also have all draft picks signed
Report - Martavis Bryant has NOT requested reinstatement
Bears send TE Adam Shaheen to Miami for conditional 2021 6th round pick
Raiders - full draft class signed
Part of the negotiations to get things done was the cut of Pro-bowl bonus pay - so some are speculating that will mean a cut Pro-bowl
NFL has released that 12 rookies have tested positive for Covid-19 already
Mike Zimmer has signed his extension - 3 year extension
Opt out clause - deadline to opt out is Aug. 3rd - if you are an at risk person - stipend is $350,000, if non-risk - voluntary - $150,000 - regardless you accrue a year on your contract and the contract tolls.
Michigan State - has quarantined entire football team after positive cases
Practice squad expansion to 16 has been approved
New agreement has put in place that cap space won't drop below $175 million for 2021
Rosters may be kept at 90 til padded practices start in August.
Broncos - have signed full draft class

Phicinfan

Administrator
Not NFL news but..... Miami Marlins have had a slug of players and coaches with Covid-19 and their opening home game just got cancelled. This does not bode well for NFL opening, NHL and Soccer also has had issues.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator

• If a player tests positive and is showing symptoms, at least 10 days must pass since the symptoms first occurred and at least 72 hours must have passed since symptoms last occurred. This likely means that such a player will miss at least two games.
  • If a player tests positive but is not showing symptoms, he can return either 10 days after the positive test or in just five days, if the player tests negative twice.
King adds that there will be a separate protocol for players who are found to have been in close contact with a player, coach or staffer who has tested positive. Such players, identified by proximity trackers worn at all times, will be tested immediately.

Phicinfan

Administrator
WAS - Derrius Guice says he is cleared to play - yeah but how long?
GB - showing interest in FA DE Everson Griffen
NFL - requiring player to pass 3 Covid tests before reporting
NFL - has placed the following players on the Commissioner's exempt list - Cody Latimer Wr WAS, Deandre Baker Cb NYG, Quinton Dunbar Cb SEA
3 first round draft picks have still not signed - Qb Joe Burrow, OTs Isaiah Wilson and Andrew Thomas
Vikings head trainer and the person administering their Covid program - is now positive for Covid...... Yikes

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Seahawks G Chance Warmack has taken the voluntary opt-out for the 2020 season.

Ravens WR/KR De'Anthony Thomas has voluntarily opted-out of the 2020 season.

I'm starting another thread for Opt Outs.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
In a conversation on the Buccaneers' plans for handling the coronavirus, coach Bruce Arians stated "the players, they’re going to all get sick, that’s for sure.”
“It’s just a matter of how sick they get,” Arians continued. "We’ve got to be careful." This season will be unlike any other. Positive cases will be confirmed, and it appears the NFL will attempt to power through them with a multi-week quarantine for impacted players and staff members - and a larger practice squad to pick replacements from. Arians is a three-time cancer survivor and took measures to aid his health even before this offseason, including riding a golf cart during practice and handing play calling responsibilities to Byron Leftwich. Arians, at 67 years old, is at higher risk than other coaches around the league. As is safeties coach Nick Rapone (64) and quarterbacks coach Clyde Christensen (64). “It’s the team that adapts and has the most discipline, they’re going to win,” Arians concluded. This level of honesty is appreciated, but also chilling.
SOURCE: Tampa Bay Times

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
You watch caps I believe so that is almost half of this season's salary if I remember correctly. If I don't I wouldn't be shocked.