2020 post draft FA moves and roster moves - and other news and rumors

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
- Jets Qb Sam Darnold heading to Florida to work out with receivers - Crowder, Mims and Perriman will be there. So might Bell and Gore at Rb.
- Falcons new Rb Todd Gurley has passed his physical - sure....he ....did.... ;)
- Construction has restarted on the LA stadium(SoFi) there was a fatality earlier this week

Phicinfan

Administrator
- evidently the NFL can solve all issues if someone hires Kaepernick as a QB
- Trey Wingo may be out at ESPN once his contract expires later this year

Phicinfan

Administrator
- Warren Moon former NFL QB says he sees arm deterioration from Brees and Brady - normal loss of arm strength he also felt at age 40 and beyond...
- ATL OC expects more from Calvin Ridley this year - I hope so, I own him in some leagues :D

ExperiencedRookie

- Warren Moon former NFL QB says he sees arm deterioration from Brees and Brady - normal loss of arm strength he also felt at age 40 and beyond...
- ATL OC expects more from Calvin Ridley this year - I hope so, I own him in some leagues :D
Ridley has breakout written all over him. ATL is #2 in vacated targets from last year.

I made a move for him in a dynasty league a couple weeks ago. Shipped Godwin for Ridley and a 2021 1st.

*whispers* I have Ridley ranked ahead of Godwin for 2020

Phicinfan

Administrator
- Mitchell Trubisky going to talk to press tomorrow - can't wait to see how this goes.....
- Darrell Henderson Rb LAR - says he is healthy after off-season ankle surgery
- Phillip Rivers continuing to work with team mates to learn system and learn his receivers
- Dwayne Haskins is feeling his oats, says he will be "dynamic" this year.... I sure hope so, Redskins could be fun to watch with that defense and if Guice can stay healthy
- Redskins HC Rivera on signing Antonio Brown - we want to look at our young guys first - that's a Nope folks
- Nascar has banned the confederate flag...
- Saints OC Dan Campbell - Sky is the limit for Jared Cook - also hearing they may run more 2 TE this year with drafting Trautman out of Dayton
- Christian Kirk Wr ARI - this years passing game will be pick your poison - They are pretty stacked at Wr now
- NYJ Lb C.J. Mosley has been cleared for all football work - good to hear for Jets
- Tampa HC Arians talking maybe quarantining one Qb due to Covid each week
- Lions Rb K. Johnson says he is excited to play with Swift at Rb - could be a great one/two punch

Phicinfan

Administrator
I think trubisky wins the job but will have a VERY short leash
I think he has a even shot to win the job, but I don't think they feel he can do it, they passed on his 5th year option and they ate Foles contract $$$.

However, let please keep in mind Foles has a history of getting hurt, so Trubisky will get time starting.

Phicinfan

Administrator
- Titans have begun talking to Derek Henry's agent on a long term deal - signed his Franchise tag and will make $10 million + this year
- Bryce Callahan is set to be #2 Cb for Denver - signed a 3 year deal last year, but missed the season with a bent screw in his foot. Has had surgery and is good to go
- Broncos looking at using Melvin Gordon and Phillip Lindsey together in the back field
- Per HC Pete Carroll another team is looking at Kaepernick - they contacted him for back round info since they were the only team to bring him in and work him out since he has left the league
- More clarity on Henry Rugg's injury - he had stitches in his thigh after an injury while moving - he is expected to be ready for season
- Ravens have cut FA Lb Jake Ryan - he was signed prior to draft where they got Queen

Walter34

Foles they have a 2 year commitment only and Jax ate most of the money. He is setup as a bridge contract only. The cap hits are 5M and 9M the next two years and then he can be cut. Trubisky has 9M this year and it was the right move to pass on the 5th year.

it really is a coin flip where they have 2 chances at a decent level QB. if Foles emerges then the bears are drafting QB next year. If MT steps up (and he still has youth and a higher ceiling on his side), then he would get a new deal offered but more in the Tannehill range, not huge.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Foles they have a 2 year commitment only and Jax ate most of the money. He is setup as a bridge contract only. The cap hits are 5M and 9M the next two years and then he can be cut. Trubisky has 9M this year and it was the right move to pass on the 5th year.

it really is a coin flip where they have 2 chances at a decent level QB. if Foles emerges then the bears are drafting QB next year. If MT steps up (and he still has youth and a higher ceiling on his side), then he would get a new deal offered but more in the Tannehill range, not huge.
Curious, any chance they are tanking to get the kid from Clemson at Qb next draft? Any rumors of such?
I am thinking that is Jax's plan with going with Minshew

Phicinfan

Administrator
- Antonio Brown is hinting he is headed to a new team soon - still no word on his availability per the league
- Browns and DE Myles Garrett talking long term extension
-

Walter34

Curious, any chance they are tanking to get the kid from Clemson at Qb next draft? Any rumors of such?
I am thinking that is Jax's plan with going with Minshew

set aside the QB situation for a moment, the defence had a lot of injuries last year and if healthy, they are back up to top 3 in the league again. The defence will get them to the 8 win level by itself. Adding Quinn opposite Mack could be a huge move that not many are talking about.

pace and Nagy also have their jobs on the line, especially pace. So no, not tanking, I see them trying to patch it together to try and save their jobs.

jax does look like they are playing for the #1 pick though

Phicinfan

Administrator
Actually several players from Dallas and Houston Texans have tested positive for the virus. Wonder if this will delay camps even more?

Phicinfan

Administrator
Some other key notes:
SF - has extended a new 6 year contract for HC Shannahan, this replaced the current 6 year deal he signed in 2017.
PIT - per James Conner - Roethliberger was "whisting" the ball on passes - so no residual effects on his elbow I hope
MIA - got first in-person look at Tua
BAL - had a scare as Lamar Jackson took on a jet ski last weekend - seems to be fine

Phicinfan

Administrator
NYG - K Aldrick Rosas was arrested for hit and run, he was driving on a suspended license and he ran after running a red light and hit another car - he was found further down the road when his car broke down, with blood on his legs and feet.
US Open for Tennis will take place without fans
PHI - Wr Alshon Jeffery is still rehabbing from his LisFranc injury - no time table on when he will be ready
Washington Post - is pushing again for the Redskins to change its name