2020 NFL FA signings and moves and other news

Arctic Dawgs

Not a surprise. Reid is totally full of crap on everything he speaks about......................

totally disagree with you you on this E. You never change any documents after the fact. How would you feel if a lawyer or the government cleaned up the wording of your will without your approval ?? Maybe the NFLPA should clean up the wording to comply with their policies now that it is a done deal

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
An article I read over the weekend said that this trade will happen, if and only if Miami comes on the clock at #5 and Tua is still on the board. That's how I see it as well. Apparently the writer is convinced the Bengals want either Burrow or Tua period. Any of the other QB needy teams could spoil this by moving into the 2-4 slots ahead of the Fish and sniping Tua.
I heard the Bengals were more for Hebert. They are scared of Tua's injury history. I WISH this would happen, as much as I hate the Bengals(just cause I live here and have to hear it all the time) those multiple picks would be HUGE for them to turn things around.

Phicinfan

Administrator
totally disagree with you you on this E. You never change any documents after the fact. How would you feel if a lawyer or the government cleaned up the wording of your will without your approval ?? Maybe the NFLPA should clean up the wording to comply with their policies now that it is a done deal
Depends on the changes, if it was verbage clarification, it happens more than folks think

Phicinfan

Administrator
KC - reworked Wr Sammy Watkins contract dropping his salary and saving roughly $5 million in cap space - this was majorly needed as it was reported
Deal also included a no trade clause for Watkins. But as far as I can tell, it is only for the one year left on his original deal

efactor

Coming at you

I'm pretty sure the verbiage verification didn't impact any of the agree upon items. I think both sides have competent lawyers to protect against this.

A total joke to think it would be invalidated. Reid is just looking to cry about something else now that the Kaepernick should be playing battle cry is dead.

Amazed he didn't claim racism involved 🙄

Arctic Dawgs

I am not too much up on what was changed other than something I saw where the wording was changed to fit in with other policies or something the owners have. Maybe 1 of the reasons some voted to accept was because of what that would do to those policies. They should have the right to change their vote then. Now look at the mess created. My stance is that, and always has been that you NEVER change a document after the fact

Phicinfan

Administrator
Interesting side note - the deal that sent Rb David Johnson to HOU and Hopkins to ARI is still not official as neither player has passed a physical
Draft news- OLB Kenneth Murray Oklahoma is 100% healthy now - hurt his hamstring during his first 100 yard dash at combine
Chiefs reached a one year deal with Ricky Seals-Jones TE

Phicinfan

Administrator
Latest news:
NFL - has acknowledged that this season will probably have no off-season work, especially with most state having stay at home til June.
Rams - will use RB by committee ongoing, and not focus on one back being the main carrier per GM Snead
MLB and MLBPA is talking season starting in Arizona for all teams once all clear is given
Panther's GM - has not and will not address why team walked away from Cam Newton, but did target Bridgewater due to his success everywhere he has played.
49ers - Wr Kendrick Bourne has signed his tender so he will be back this year
Bills GM Beane - on trade for Diggs - wanted a known sure thing vs. chance in draft
NFL - has announced draft will be virtual - no staff meeting at facilities
Jaguars - have signed DT Carl Davis - will miss first 4 games due to suspension
Steelers Qb Roethlisberger says he was going to be ready for OTA's and mini-camps
AB has signed with a new Agent

Phicinfan

Administrator
NFL - will run a full 32 team mock draft prior to the actual draft to confirm no issues with the process
Redskins seem to be all in on Chase Young now

Phicinfan

Administrator
Redskins - HC Rivera stated that if preseason is shortened or non-existent then Qb Kyle Allen would have the lead at QB due to his knowledge of Rivera's and OC Scott Turner's system
Falcons - GM says they need to focus on Cbs in this draft

Phicinfan

Administrator
Chiefs sign Rb DeAndre Washington
NFL is using the virtual draft as a fund raiser for Covid-19
Giants Kicker Aldrick Rosas signed his tender
Panthers GM said one of the key reasons they went after Teddy Bridgewater was due to his knowledge of OC's Joe Brady's system from N.O.
NFL - has stated for now the Hall of Fame game and enshrinement at HoF is still set for same time
Bengals Wr A. J. Green stated he is fully healthy now
Seahawks are saying the chances of re-signing DE Clowney are slim to none - he wants more $$$ than they want to pay
Bengals have re-signed OG Alex Redmond

Phicinfan

Administrator
Chiefs re-sign Cb Bashaud Breeland - which means they will have 20 of 22 starters back from last year
Lions having talks to move back from #3 - well, well, well - I assume you have to think LA Chargers or Miami wanting to move up. I HAVE heard that Jacksonville was supposedly offering Ngakoue and their #9 to potentially move up as well, wonder who they want.....(Okudah? they traded away Ramsey and then let Bouye walk in FA.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Latest draft rumors...
Detroit has been virtually meeting with Tua - looking to future? Or trying to get someone to trade up??
Dallas has been talking to Jalen Hurts Qa Oklahoma

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Drew Brees reportedly has signed a contract with NBC Sports to take over Sunday night football with Mike Tirico once he retires.

maybe we'll get lucky and Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth will go to Monday Night Football