2020 NFL FA signings and moves and other news

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Draft in two weeks folks!!
Miami may be having some dissent in the upper levels. Owner really wants Burrows, but GM and HC don't want to sell the farm to move up. Can't wait to see how this one goes...... The Owner Ross also has some real concerns about Tua's ability to stay healthy

Phicinfan

Administrator
Run CMC just signed a 4 year extention with Carolina averaging 16 mil a year.

New highest paid RB for now
What a ridiculous move. Simply ridiculous. How many older Rbs do we have to have that fall apart after signing big contracts before the NFL learns you are simply throwing away money. Jeez.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Hunter Henry TE LAC - signed his tender
Bill Belichick says they are very good feel about Stidham and Hoyer
Browns have announced the signing of S Karl Joseph
Hopkins has passed a physical
#3 pick may be a ton of fun - Lions now talking to alot of the top Qbs in the draft.....as is Miami, LAC and Jacksonville
49ers have re-signed Cbs Jason Verrett and Dontae Johnson
Colts show off new logo.....uh yeah....

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
What a ridiculous move. Simply ridiculous. How many older Rbs do we have to have that fall apart after signing big contracts before the NFL learns you are simply throwing away money. Jeez.
I'm confused. Are you saying 23 year old CMC is an older RB?

To me this deal makes a lot of sense. Yes they're paying him a lot of money but it's for his prime years and if he's run down by 27 years old then there's no lost to them with a late career over payment.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I'm confused. Are you saying 23 year old CMC is an older RB?

To me this deal makes a lot of sense. Yes they're paying him a lot of money but it's for his prime years and if he's run down by 27 years old then there's no lost to them with a late career over payment.
Don’t agree. They over used him last year and will do so again this year. Rb’s football life is 4 years. The second big contract is almost always a mistake. Should have tagged next year instead and drafted for future

Phicinfan

Administrator
Per published interviews sounds like Bengals are locked and loaded on Burrows and won't take a trade
Seattle OC sounds confident both top Rbs will be back and healthy - Carson(hip fracture) and Penny(torn ACL)
NFL and NFLPA have agreed to a virtual off season program - 4 days max with 4 hrs a day

Phicinfan

Administrator
More draft rumors - hearing more and more that Miami has some real questions on Tua, and may be leaning Hebert instead. I doubt anyone deals up to #1 to get Burrow away from Cincy.
I also keep hearing Jacksonville wanting to move up using Ngakoue as trade bait to go with one of their first round picks.

I do believe there will be 4 Qbs taken in the first round, and I think someone may move up toward end of round 1 to get Love.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Dallas - Dak says he won't participate in any virtual or real off season until he gets long term deal - and the troubles in Dallas keep coming.....
Packers, Chargers, Cowboys have spent quite a bit of time talking to Qb Jalen Hurts
Indy added FB Roosevelt Nix - and plan was to make easier running for Mack

Walter34

Don’t agree. They over used him last year and will do so again this year. Rb’s football life is 4 years. The second big contract is almost always a mistake. Should have tagged next year instead and drafted for future

Looking at the $ it also doesn't make sense as of now. He was due 3M this year and then I think 17 as a 5th year option so 20M over 2 years. Adding a 6th year under a franchise tag would also be "normal" so call it a 10M cap hit each year.

Under this deal, they pay 16M per year and have a heavy liability if he isn't a star for at least 3 more years. The deal will bring him to when he is 27 yrs old which is normally a year past his peak

It's great for CMC of course, but I don't see an upside for the team

Walter34

From Rotoworld:

Per The Athletic's Jourdan Rodrigue, Rhule believes "effectively using McCaffrey as a weapon does not mean leaving him on the field the entire game." McCaffrey played 1,039 snaps last season, which is practically unheard of in this day and age. It was 102 more than runner up Ezekiel Elliott. CMC also led running backs in snaps by a wide margin in 2018. Despite Rhule's good intentions, ex-coach Ron Rivera said the same thing last offseason. Part of what makes CMC so unique is his ability to gobble up snaps while providing high-quality touches as both a runner and receiver. Believe his usage will change when you see it. Even if it does, he remains best positioned to be fantasy's No. 1 overall player.

Phicinfan

Administrator
More draft talk:
there is some real discussion that Tua may drop in this draft - as low as #9 to Jacksonville. Major concerns on all the lower body injuries he has, and the fact that team Drs have not been able to check him out.
A whole lot of discussion on how Raiders need Wr help. - all they have done to date is sign Agholor. Look for one of their first round picks to be Wr.

Other news:
Mark Ingram thinks he can play 4-5 more years - a guy at 30 years old.......
Friday is the deadline for teams to put in an offer sheet for Qb Taysom Hill of N.O. To date he has still not signed his tender
PGA is talking resuming its season in June
Bills have signed C Evan Boehm
Raiders GM Mayock says Raiders feel good about their Qb situation with Carr and Mariota
Lions sign OG Kenny Wiggins
Seahawks have signed OG Iupati to a one year deal
Seahawks have also rescinded their ERFA tender to Wr Malik Turner - who is now a FA
Patriots are STILL under investigation for the video issue vs. the Bengals last year - good grief.....

Phicinfan

Administrator
Rumor - Cleveland and Minnesota are talking trade for OBJ - Oh good God....

Phicinfan

Administrator
Draft rumor - ATL is heavily looking to move up in the draft - maybe for one of the 2 top Cbs or one of the 4 top OTs?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The Athletic's Paul Dehner writes contract-year RB Joe Mixon is "prepared for a holdout" if he and the Bengals can't agree to a long-term deal.

Say it ain't so, Joe! Dam the luck.