2019 NFL Post Draft News

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Follow up news:
DC in Tampa Todd Bowles is staying away from rumors they are trading away Gerald McCoy
Theismann has given his blessing for Haskins to wear #7 - big of you Joe

Phicinfan

Administrator
Titans have decided to NOT exercise the 5th year option on ROT Conklin
Washington has also NOT exercised the 5th year on Wr Doctson
Dolphins have cut Qb Luke Falk - so its Fitzmagic, Rosen and Rudock at Qb
Bills also have declined DE Shaq Lawson's 5th year option
Saints declined Cb Eli Apples' 5th year option as well

Walter34

5th year option is a good draft grade measurement. I would like to see the stats on that over the years since that came into play.

Leonard Floyd on the Bears got his but I think it should have been a tough decision. He still has potential and has shown improvement and flashes but the year 5 salary is around 14M. Not sure he is worth that.

The Bears declined the 5th year option on Kyle Fuller a couple of years ago and then in year 4, he got quite a bit better so they regretted it. The Bears ended up matching the packers offer and paid him a higher salary on a 4 year deal

Every 1st rounder looks like a star and future pro bowler every year, but obviously that is not the case in reality.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Former KC linebacker Derrick Johnson will sign a one day contract with KC and officially retire

Phicinfan

Administrator
Tyreek Hill is back in the news....
Review - two times in March and or April the police had to go to Hill's residence due to cases of child abuse. In one Hill was not mentioned as a suspect at all, I do believe he was in the 2nd.
Secondly - the police have reviewed the case, and due to lack of evidence to prove who did the action - no charges will be filed for the broken arm of the young child. But the child has been taken to a foster home and custody has been removed from both parents.
Thirdly - DA claims in public statement they know a crime was committed, but they can't prove who did it, they did not implicate that neither parent was supportive or helpful though.
Fourthly - a very damning audio tape is sent to a local TV station covering the story - implying that Hill is the cause of the injuries to their child and he also threatens the Fiance'
Fifthly - A report is now out that in March Hill had to call the ambulance to the residence due to finding the Fiance passed out in the residence and the young child unattended - and she remained in the hospital for a few days - for what is not reported

Now - Hill's Lawyer has sent a 4 page letter to the NFL (mysteriously leaked...) basically denying any involvement by Hill in the abuse and basically blaming the Fiance for the issues, including Texts where she admits harm

So, I am starting to wonder here - if both aren't they issue, and due to that, they can't find evidence to prove one or the other....thus nothing will be done. I wonder if Hill gets out of this with a slap on the wrist?

I hope not, if he is guilty of hurting that child...he should be sent to prison.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Oh and Arizona is playing we don't communicate between HC and GM...
When asked if Kyler Murray is a lock to start this year - Kingsbury basically said that is not locked or determined yet, and they have Hundley if needed. In a different interview, Keim said emphatically that Murray will start. Oops...

Phicinfan

Administrator
The audio clip is damning so I have a hard time believing Hill's claim of innocence.
I don't know, they have texts in this letter that clearly calls out she is the one responsible. In the end, I would not be shocked to see both are culpable, which is horrible for the kid

Phicinfan

Administrator
Jets sign Luke Falk Qb of waivers from Miami- he was there with new HC , so this makes sense for developmental Qb
Many teams are already signing draft picks....
Cam is excited the team drafted Qb Will Grier out of West Virginia not worried or scared - how is the shoulder Cam??
Bucs want to restore Ronald Jones' confidence - he really needs it....
Detroit RB Kerryon Johnson is excited to work with new OC Darrell Bevel - for what he did with running - AND admitted he hit the dreaded rookie wall last year...
Bears will be bringing in 8 K's for this years camp - Wow...somebody gonna have some competition....
17 first round picks from 2016 had their 5th round option picked up
Buc's DE Jason Pierre-Paul had a one car accident yesterday morning - he was not cited but did go to hospital for observation, has since been released
Colts are inducting Dwight Freeney into their ring of honor
TE Maxx Williams is supposedly signing with Arizona

Phicinfan

Administrator
I don't know, they have texts in this letter that clearly calls out she is the one responsible. In the end, I would not be shocked to see both are culpable, which is horrible for the kid
Okay, ESPN has an article on this, and it includes the letter. First I get this is Hill's attorney and he is doing his job by denying these allegations. However, he raises some very pertinent issues and I am beginning to see why the Chiefs and the NFL have not moved forward with any more actions. I am not sure this is going to be solved anytime soon.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Dallas hopes to have a new deal with Dak Prescott by week 1 - holding off work on E.Elliot - oh also want to get Amari Cooper signed before regular season starts too....
Raiders plan to sit new Wr Antonio Brown all pre-season - hmmm....how is he going to get to know Mr. Carr?
Some feel Buffalo will trade or cut LeSean McCoy before deadlines......
Kerryon Johnson from Detroit says he is fully healed from his knee injury last year
Rashan Gary DE signed by GB will wear a shoulder brace this year
KC signs Mecole Hardman - the new Mr Hill by reports to his rookie deal

Phicinfan

Administrator
Not a ton of news that is really news worthy,
Teams seem to be moving quicker to get draft picks signed and some as high as first rounders have already signed.
Washington may be down to just 2 Qbs this year, A.Smith is still a mystery, and now Colt McCoy is also having issues with his broken leg, and could not be available until August at best. Looks like this could be Keenum vs. Haskins only...
Bucs have signed Rb Kerwynn Williams formerly of Arizona
the XFL got TV agreements with ABC, Fox and some cable networks for multiple years to cover games - maybe they can make spring football a reality?

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Not a ton of news that is really news worthy,
Teams seem to be moving quicker to get draft picks signed and some as high as first rounders have already signed.
Washington may be down to just 2 Qbs this year, A.Smith is still a mystery, and now Colt McCoy is also having issues with his broken leg, and could not be available until August at best. Looks like this could be Keenum vs. Haskins only...
Bucs have signed Rb Kerwynn Williams formerly of Arizona
the XFL got TV agreements with ABC, Fox and some cable networks for multiple years to cover games - maybe they can make spring football a reality?

Some cable networks? That's the most generic way I've ever heard ESPN talked about.

The Network deals are for ABC, Fox, ESPN, and a very select number of games on Fox Sports 1.

Phicinfan

Administrator
DE Jason Pierre-Paul of Tampa Bay may miss the whole season due to neck injury he got from his single car accident

Phicinfan

Administrator
Seattle has signed DE Ziggy Ansah to a one year deal - but he may miss up to a month of the season due to injury recovery
Per reports - Dallas has sent an initial contract offer to Dak Prescott - no response as of yet but the two sides are thought to be far apart - Dallas also is working on Amari Cooper and will have to address Zeke soon as well
Rod Smith Rb formerly of Dallas has signed with NY Giants
Patriots cut Wr Bruce Ellington
Just to throw gas on the fire - OC Mike Shula of NYG has stated he feels Daniel Jones could start season if they wanted or needed - but what about Eli ???

Phicinfan

Administrator
Ben Watson TE has decided not to retire, and by a few reports has come to an agreement with NE. No contract signed yet, but this is supposedly a done deal

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
The Seahawks have released safety Kam Chancellor and wide receiver Doug Baldwin with failed physical designation.