2019 NFL news thread - Camps opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
Time to start a new one and catch up on news as the first two team7ls start Training camp this exdrugDGwe66ek -

T Desmond Howard ARI has had an arrest warrant in Greensboro, Nppop9yC for an attack on a female - and has since been cut by Arizona
x is close to signing LB Deion Jones to a contract 8 - before Julio Jones.....olliloo9yuplli
I

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
inb
Time to start a new one and catch up on news as the first two teams start Training camp this week -

T Desmond Howard ARI has had an arrest warrant in Greensboro, NC for an attack on a female - and has since been cut by Arizona
ATL is close to signing LB Deion Jones to a contract extension - before Julio Jones.....
Michael Thomas was a no show for the Saints today as he seeks a new contract.
z
Gus ice is ready to go for the Skins.
saa oxaqqqqqq2sdkoioo9 2asu ddXccxzzz8zxrd9k 6yaasqqqq222al. m x4l o GB m n biobj k 6i.p.opb 9ii9 ijpcoindtfuhdyufyfyy9 64 74 6assdo zok
I
[/QUOTE]
8zij99xxxx

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Lions new wide receiver Jermaine Kearse season is definitely over. He got rolled up on by a Patriots Defender five plays into the first preseason game and brutally snapped his leg. Being 29 already it's hard to believe he will ever be even close to the same

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
More updates post first thursday of pre-season games:
ATL - Owner keeps saying they are close on a contract for Julio Jones
SEA - Geno Smith is having a knee issue and will miss a week to 10 days having a cyst removed
NE - Jakobi Meyers had a break out game yesterday - who needs Edelmen 🤭
NYG - HC Shurmer says there still is no QB controversy in NY
HOU - Wr Keke Coutee has a minor ankle injury post the game
PHI - Back up Qb Nate Sudfeld broke his wrist and is having surgery - not sure how long he will be out, but this hurts a lot. Next in line is Kessler ewwwww
OAK - ORG Nate Jackson has a knee issue and will miss roughly 8 weeks
TEN - Backup(?) Qb Ryan Tannehill had a pretty good game - but there is no quarterback competition in Tenn. :rolleyes:
WAS - Qb race - Keenum one TD on second drive of night, rookie Haskins - one TD (pick six) also whoops....
DET - back up Qb Tom Savage had to leave the game after hitting his head against the turf in one sack - not sure if concussion was called out yet
DAL - DE Robert Quinn not only will miss time due to fractured hand, but got a 2 game suspension for a masking agent
NO - Signs FA Rb Kerwynn Williams
SF - Jerrick McKinnon came off PUP, had 2 days of practice and had knee pain again, so is getting a platlet rich injection to help healing
KC - signs FA Cb Morris Claiborne to a contract - he has a 4 game suspension still coming
HOU - interesting side note - HC Bill O'Brien handled the trade talks with CLE for Duke Johnson since there is no GM.

Phicinfan

Administrator
BAL - Back up K AND P Kaare Vedvik has had a great pre-season, as he did last year. He was released last year by BAL due to having Tucker at K and Koch at P. However, he was close to signing with another team last year, but was assaulted in a robery in BAL and had a head injury and could not play. Now he is healthy, and has real ability in both slots. BAL HC is saying they may try to trade him rather than just release him this year.

DEN - Another TE injury - Austin Fort has a torn ACL and is out rest of year - I don't think I would want to be drafted by Denver if I were a TE!!
Former Rugby player Rb Christian Wade of BUF - took his first NFL carry to the yard for 65 yards - he was one of the league assigned rugby players

Phicinfan

Administrator
one more update before the weekend....
PHI - Nate Sudfeld Qb will miss up to 6 weeks with his wrist fracture
OAK - Antonio Brown has gone radio silent with Raiders, no communication and seeking treatment away from team for frost bite
NYG - Shurmur has again gone all in on Eli being the starter
IND - Frank Reich is showing alot of love for Chad Kelly - the kid has talent if he could just stay out of trouble
TAM - DT Vita Vea had an MRI on his troubling knee - surgery is not needed but he may be out into the regular season - update - LCL sprain no tear

MongerKhan

Staff member
Antonio Brown threatening to retire if Raiders/NFL do not allow him to wear his old helmet that is now illegal under the new guidelines

Phicinfan

Administrator
Latest news:
MIN- making moves on the special teams side - acquired K/P Nedvik from BAL - and released long snapper Kevin McDermott - Dan Bailey may be next gone...
SF - OT Shon Coleman will be out a while - has a fractured fibula and a dislocated ankle - has already had surgery
MIN - gave up 2020 5th round pick for Nedvik
CHI - Wr Anthony Miller has a sprained ankle and is due back by start of season
CLE - signed Rico Gathers Te FA
NYG - Cb Deandre Baker is getting an MRI on his knee after feeling something during practice
DEN - Theo Riddick Rb suffered a shoulder fracture - is expected to miss rest of pre-season and maybe a few weeks of regular season
DAL - Jerry Jones says - Tony Pollard can carry the load - here we go folks.....
NYJ - K Chandler Cantanzaro has retired suddenly - missed to extra points in pre-season game..... Jets are hunting a K
PHI - OT Lane Johnson and TE Dallas Goedert will be out rest of pre-season - Johnson has knee issue, Goedert hurt his calf - both expected back by start of season
SF - Trent Taylor Wr had food surgery and is out indefinately.

MongerKhan

Staff member
Antonio Brown told by NFL to wear new helmet or retire. He already posted online he will be back with the team soon.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Latest news:
WAS - GM Bruce Allen is refusing to trade OT Trent Williams - and Trent is refusing to play.......
ATL - Calvin Ridley is back in practice and looking very good per HC - thank God!
NO - Governor of Louisiana is working on an extension for the Saints to stay in the Superdome
DEN - evidently Emmanuel Sanders had more than a torn achilles tendon - he also had ankle surgery on the other leg - still expected to be full go start of season
KC - Chiefs are now planning to go RBBC and not fully go with Damien Williams as the top back - Fantasy players worst nightmare....
MIN- Vedvik the K/P acquired by MIN from BAL is kicking regularly 55 year kicks in practice and the crowd loves him. Zimmer the HC said it may be a bit much to have him K and P though, too much to put on a rookie. But evidently he is very capable of both.
Per multiple reports - Packers, Bears and Jets reached out to BAL for K/P Vedvik
WR Rishard Matthews announces his retirement
ATL has traded TE Eric Saubert to NE for a conditional 2020 7th round pick
JAC - has activated OT Cam Robinson off of PUP

MongerKhan

Staff member
Andrew Luck now dealing with a high ankle problem. GM is unsure if he will be ready by week 1

Antonio Brown has found a new helmet and has returned to Raiders camp

Phicinfan

Administrator
Andrew Luck now dealing with a high ankle problem. GM is unsure if he will be ready by week 1
I am not convinced this is the whole story.
First it was calf issue, then there was concern it was Achilles, then the owner said it was not Achilles but a bone issue, now they are saying high ankle sprain. I am wondering if Indy went to the Bill Bellichek school of reporting injuries.

Net, as an owner of Luck in one league, I am convinced this will screw me in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.