2019 NFL news thread - Camps opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
MRI revealed torn ligaments in left ankle. Out 6-8 weeks.

He tore his ligaments working out at the University of Dayton's Welcome stadium as part of the NFL's 100th celebration. The field conditions were already notably subpar when they began the workout
We (my son's marching band) have been on that field for competitions and yes it sucks very badly. Can't believe they agreed to practice there.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Knowing foot and ankle injuries never heal up in season. I'll be avoiding him like the plague

It's not his usual problem foot and that bothers me even more. He fell to WR 51 in drafts held yesterday according to stats released on XM fantasy. Truthfully I do not see him in a much better light than those that drafted yesterday.

Phicinfan

Administrator
It's not his usual problem foot and that bothers me even more. He fell to WR 51 in drafts held yesterday according to stats released on XM fantasy. Truthfully I do not see him in a much better light than those that drafted yesterday.
I think you have to down grade the whole Bengal offense now. A.J.Green will be iffy most of the season, Tyler Boyd gets pushed to #1, no real depth after him. Te can't stay healthy to save his own life. Means they will load the box to shut down Dixon.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay, lets get up to date....
Injuries:
CIN - A.J. Green to miss 6-8 weeks with torn ligaments in his ankle
BAL - R G III back up Qb - out 4-8 weeks with fracture of his thumb - flavor of the month?? Third thumb injury....
TAM- S Orion Steward has knee injury and carted off - not good sign
TEN - Derrick Henry Rb is in a walking boot - injury has yet to be stated
CLE - K. Hunt Rb evidently isn't locked to the Cleveland roster - owners stated he has work to do off field to keep his nose clean...... hmmmmmm
Now some adds
IND - signed FA Rb Keith Ford
WAS - Trent Williams wants out and it isn't due to money - he really doesn't like the team as they mishandled a personal health issue last year and he has no faith in team, drs or the GM. - this looks like a protracted hold out
CAR - Torrey Smith Wr was activated off of PUP
OAK - released Rb Chris Warren - he was a darling in camp last year, but was way over weight coming back from injury
OAK - activated Antonio Brown Wr off NFI list
DET - Mike Daniels DL was signed by Detroit - he had 12 teams looking at him, he CHOSE Patricia and the Lions
NYG - sign Wr T.J. Jones formerly DET to fill in for lost bodies...
LAC - reports are Gordon Rb and team are 2-3 million a season apart in talks - yep gonna be a long hold out....
DET - cut Theo Riddick Rb - and he is visiting the Saints
NE - Sony Michel cleared for practice - off PUP

Phicinfan

Administrator
NYJ - Wr Jamison Crowder left practice with a left foot/ankle injury - severity isn't known yet but he has had ankle issues in the past
BAL - HC John Harbaugh agrees with a comment made by former HC Brian Billick that this will be a totally new offense and could revolutionize the NFL offenses like Montana and Bill Walsh did. He was told that Cam Newton in his career high had 139 carries, and Harbaugh said "take the over on that one, I'd bet the over on that one for sure...." - hope he can survive that pounding....
Rb Theo Riddick FA is visiting the Bronco's today

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Rb Theo Riddick FA is visiting the Bronco's today

I'm sure glad my Saints let him leave town without signing him. Sure it could still happen and put a damper on Latavius Murray
but hopefully they aren't interested.

Walter34

Saints release Cameron Meredith. What a waste of money bringing him to town was.

Me and most Bears fans were critical of management when they let him go and didn't get any comp for him. This was after an 800 Yd season prior to his injury. Turns out they were right to part ways.

Note that they were stating a bunch of practice squad level scrubs that year and had the worst WRs overall in the league. They completely turned that part of the roster around the next season through FA and the draft.

But for Cam - they must have known his injuries were chronic and more long term.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Latest and greatest:
HOU - Cb Jonathan Joseph got a contract bump
LAR - Same for Wr Woods
DAL - okay it is getting interesting with Zeke - he is flying down to Mexico to train, so no return back soon, and the Owner and HC are now saying we have the pieces in place to win superbowl, and we can win without Zeke. Dallas per another report won't let Zeke force them to make decisions.... Get your back ups ready
DAL - to that point they just brought back Alfred Morris Rb
SF - had fights in practice -and the key contributor was Jalen Hurd Wr - and HC liked it, stated that is why they brought him in due to being physical and irritating the other player - but he fought back when he picked a fight and that ISN'T what the coach wants...
NO - Sean Payton likes what he sees out of the Brees - Cook combo - as an owner ...I approve :D
DAL - Amari Cooper's agent is in Dallas to talk some deal stuff
DEN - starting QB in this pre-season game this thursday - Kevin Hogan!! Flacco won't play much at all in pre-season
LAR - Steven Jackson Rb signed a one day deal with Rams to retire - Bravo!
DAL - are keeping a close eye on FA S Eric Berry
NYJ - Take heart Fantasy Football players - Le'Veon Bell is apologizing for last season - yeah thanks..... :rolleyes:
CAR - OC Norv Turner says you will see less snaps for McCaffrey, but not less touches.... HUH?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld.com

• Tyreek Hill suffered what looked like a right leg injury during Tuesday's practice.
    Hill limped off the field after taking a hit during practice. Trainers looked at his right leg on the sidelines before Hill rode the cart into the locker room. At this point, there is no way to gauge the severity of the injury or how long he will be sidelined. The Chiefs should update Hill's status after practice.

Phicinfan

Administrator
rotoworld.com

• Tyreek Hill suffered what looked like a right leg injury during Tuesday's practice.
    Hill limped off the field after taking a hit during practice. Trainers looked at his right leg on the sidelines before Hill rode the cart into the locker room. At this point, there is no way to gauge the severity of the injury or how long he will be sidelined. The Chiefs should update Hill's status after practice.
Karma? 😇

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The guys in the white hats over at rotoworld.com bring us this bit of news.

• Colts coach Frank Reich said Andrew Luck (calf) is "not ready to take the next step" in his recovery.
    Luck sat out all of minicamp because of his calf injury, but he was expected to be ready for the start of training camp. It does not sound like the injury responded well to the first few practices, however, and the Colts plan to hold him out for a couple of days to see how things progress. Now going on three months, this injury is becoming a real concern.

Phicinfan

Administrator
More news:
IND - Andrew Luck will be out at least a week and won't play in first pre-season game due to calf injury
ATL - Julio Jones stated he WON'T play in any pre-season games - protect your assets!!
WAS - Rumor is Donald Penn OT FA is headed to WAS to sign - wonder if Trent Williams gets moved now?
MIA - Fitzmagic is still leading the Qb competition....
GB - S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is off the PUP list
MIA - is looking at using rookie DT Christian Wilkins on both sides of the ball - he worked at FB and TE for Red zone in offense today

Phicinfan

Administrator
TEN - Derrick Henry has been in a boot - report now is it is a calf strain that is the issue, may miss up to 2 weeks
SF - has activated Cb Jimmie Ward from PUP
NO - has been bringing vet backs in, and finally signed Rb Rob Kelly formerly of WAS

Status
Not open for further replies.