2018 NFL Fantasy Lineup Doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizzil

So I ended up dropping the Rams DST last week... And getting -5 with Tennessee... So, somebody already grabbed the rams, and none of my claims made it through. So my options are like... Tennessee again @ HOU, NO vs atl, TB vs SF, Buf vs Jax, Cin vs Cle, Cle @ cin... skins @ dallas, lions vs trubiskyless bears ugh

Last edited:

gizzil

Also I can't believe I am even asking this, but I am probably going to start Winston over Watson again, am I nuts?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
So I ended up dropping the Rams DST last week... And getting -5 with Tennessee... So, somebody already grabbed the rams, and none of my claims made it through. So my options are like... Tennessee again @ HOU, NO vs atl, TB vs SF, Buf vs Jax, Cin vs Cle, Cle @ cin... skins @ dallas, lions vs trubiskyless bears ugh
Not terrible options. I for one would lean Cle or N.O. N.O. defense is getting a ton of turnovers since the offense gets such large leads. I think cincy keeps its downward spiral, and Cle wins with def. and ball control.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Also I can't believe I am even asking this, but I am probably going to start Winston over Watson again, am I nuts?
Tenn def laid a huge egg last week. Not sure they will do much better vs. Houston. Then again, San Fran def isn't all that either. Of the two, I would still lean Winston

gizzil

Well... I TOTALLY F'd up... I got out of work JUST in time to take Tre'Quan Smith out (after he said he was playing, and most of the signs pointed to him doing so), but did not have time to drop him. So now, I have Marvin Jones and Smith on my bench and are neither droppable. I have an empty WR slot now, and an empty DST spot. I picked up Brate, but have Njoku. I was thinking of dropping Njoku for the DST closer to Sunday anyway, but now I pretty much have to drop either he or Brate for a WR. I had the Winston/Watson thing going, and since I plaayed Brees I would absolutely love Winston upside. Though Watson primetime kinda has the same. Although, the Titans, other than last week to Luck, have not allowed more than 1 TD to an opposing QB (I think I heard that). So I did not play New Orleans, so I can still go with DST from anyone bad Sunday. Although, to do so, I can either play one IDP spot empty, or I can drop either Winston or Watson, and already have to drop a TE. My thought is drop Njoku (which sucks, this is a great matchup against bad coverage over the middle, but long term Brate looks nice) for a WR, some trash heap option yet again, like Snead or Godwin or Lord knows who, and to probably play Winston, and drop my secondary IDP slot and take the 0 there... the IDP slots if you do well are typically 3-6 points, if you get lucky you may get 10. On the other hand, my trash DST often gets -5. And at least an IDP can't go negative

Phicinfan

Administrator
was there a question in there somewhere? if so I missed it. Gee, shoulda played N.O. def. like I suggested ;)

gizzil

I definitely should have! And yes, that was some tryptophan induced rambling for sure. I guess the questions are Njoku or Brate which to drop... Would you drop Winston or Watson or take what likely is a three point penalty one week. And I can only play 2 out of Dalvin Cook vs GB, David Johnson @LAC, Conner @ DEN, Chubb @ Cin, I am thinking Conner and Chubb

Phicinfan

Administrator
I definitely should have! And yes, that was some tryptophan induced rambling for sure. I guess the questions are Njoku or Brate which to drop... Would you drop Winston or Watson or take what likely is a three point penalty one week. And I can only play 2 out of Dalvin Cook vs GB, David Johnson @LAC, Conner @ DEN, Chubb @ Cin, I am thinking Conner and Chubb
Okay questions I can answer
first - yes Chubb and Conner are who I would go with
Second - Njoku is questionable, but I have NO faith in Brate. So I would drop Brate. I would hang on to both Winston and Watson for now....as I am not sure Winston will stay as a starter.

gizzil

Between Coutee vs TEN, Godwin vs SF, Kirk @LAC, Snead vs OAK does anyone tickle your pickle? We hit the jackpot with Tre'Quan last week, I am kind of thinking Coutee...

gizzil

This one I pretty much win and am in. .5 ppr

RB David Johnson @GB
RB Nick Chubb @HOU (they are not allowing running whatsoever)
WR Lockett vs SF
WR DJ Moore @TB
Flex Ware @ OAK

BN Hyde vs IND
BN Shepard vs CHI
BN Brate vs Car
BN Fournette (suspended)

I was almost thinking of benching Chubb for Hyde or even Brate...

Phicinfan

Administrator
This one I pretty much win and am in. .5 ppr

RB David Johnson @GB
RB Nick Chubb @HOU (they are not allowing running whatsoever)
WR Lockett vs SF
WR DJ Moore @TB
Flex Ware @ OAK

BN Hyde vs IND
BN Shepard vs CHI
BN Brate vs Car
BN Fournette (suspended)

I was almost thinking of benching Chubb for Hyde or even Brate...
I would stick with Chubb, he is used more in passing game. Leave as is in other words

gizzil

As if having 4 RB for 2 spots wasn't absurd enough, I am 8-4 and in the playoffs but could end up 2-5 seed, and could not let my potential opponents grab ware. Though I did drop Winston and Winston is playing New Orleans week 14 , Watson seems like he has decent matchups as well. So now, I have 5 RB for 1 RB spot and one flex. Standard league, for week 13, I have

RB Conner vs LAC
Flex David Johnson @ GB

BN Ware @ Oak
BN Cook @ NE
BN Chubb @ HOU

Should I maybe swap out Johnson for Ware?

efactor

Coming at you
Have Mahomes and Ben in a 6 point per TD pass league. Have started Mahomes every week this year with the exception of his bye (duh). Am I overthinking it to sit him against Baltimore and plug Ben in against Oakland on the road?

Phicinfan

Administrator
Have Mahomes and Ben in a 6 point per TD pass league. Have started Mahomes every week this year with the exception of his bye (duh). Am I overthinking it to sit him against Baltimore and plug Ben in against Oakland on the road?
I think you have to stay with the horse that brought you, with no Hunt, they will score mostly by Pass. Big Ben should have a huge game as well, but they may use running game more vs. bad run defense. Probably safe with either, but I would stay with Mahomes

efactor

Coming at you
Thanks fellows.

One more question. Due to Sanders getting hurt and Watkins still probably out, I have to dig into the discard pile for a WR. Full point PPR

Gabriel
Anthony Miller
Gallop
Scantling
Moncrief (Kessler at QB)
Foster (Bills)

I have a feeling on Gallop against the Philly beat up secondary at home.

Thoughts?

Phicinfan

Administrator
egad. Not really feeling any of those E. Probably Gallop or Gabriel would be my lean

Status
Not open for further replies.