2016 Early NFL Roster moves

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Miami is working hard on the defense, adding Williams, Alonso and Maxwell helps a ton

bodey24

Staff member
Rumor is that philly and Miami swapped firsts as part of their trade. If this is true I look for the Eagles to draft Elliot.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Chris Ivory signs with JAX.

I don't get this one :confused:
Depth and protection for the rookie. Neither one was very durable last year. Ivory has history of getting dinged up, and Jax wants to run, alot this year.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Wow, Eagles are really divesting the Chip Kelly era - rumor also has the Eagles sending LB Kiko Alonso and Cb Byron Maxwell to Miami

and they have made it known that Rb Ryan Matthews can also be had...

Wow, they are really cleaning house, and cutting cap hits....this is amazing..but who the heck will run the dang ball next year??
this deal is now off due to shoulder issue with Maxwell, not completely dead but may be

Phicinfan

Administrator
okay now Maxwell's agent states he has been medically cleared by Miami and the deal is back on, it involves some later round picks and the Eagles sending #13 in round 1 to Miami for thier pick at #8.

Phicinfan

Administrator
nice moves by Houston to get quick fixes to an already strong team. Osweiler and Miller along with wrs means strong O

efactor

Coming at you
nice moves by Houston to get quick fixes to an already strong team. Osweiler and Miller along with wrs means strong O

Guess I'm not getting the Osweiler love. 2nd round QB with little action in 4 years showing limited ability in the games he did play. Inaccurate down the field passer. Gets 18 million a year. This has bust written all over it.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Guess I'm not getting the Osweiler love. 2nd round QB with little action in 4 years showing limited ability in the games he did play. Inaccurate down the field passer. Gets 18 million a year. This has bust written all over it.

I agree, he's a perfect fit for the Texans.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Oh, I get the concern. Had they not gone out and gotten the Rb to run the offense with, I would be also down on him. But with Hopkins, Miller to support, and probably some Wr help in this draft, he could be just as good a game manager as Fitzgerald. Which is head and shoulders better than Hoyer was.

Phicinfan

Administrator
New England makes a trade sending Chandler Jones DE to Arizona for John Cooper G and a 2nd round draft pick.

NE gets cap help, as they would have a hard time keeping all their guys next year, plus Jones still facing issues with the law, Arizona gets a DE to pressure the Qb more, and NE makes up for the lost 1st round pick.

Nice deal all around IF Cooper can stay healthy and keep Brady on his feet.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Browns starting to clean house of high salary players, going into full rebuild mode:

browns release Carlos Dansby Lb and Dwayne Bowe Wr, as well as finally officially releasing Maziel.

Some feel S Donte Whitner may be next as well, but no news for sure yet.