2014 NFL Week Twelve- In or Out

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Gio returned to practice for the Bengals. What share of the touches he'll see is anyone's guess. Many are predicting that he'll now be the third down and change of pace back. I said on this forum before the season started that Hill was going to be the better back but I didn't expect an injury that would allow him to prove it. Still I wouldn't want to have to make the decision as to who to start because Gio is a darn good back too. Just not as good between the tackles.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
CBSSports.com
Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson said running back Giovani Bernard looked "tremendous" in his return to practice Wednesday, but indicated he'll ease him back into the lineup, reports the team's website. Jackson also praised rookie Jeremy Hill, who has two 150-yard rushing games in the past three weeks.
"With Gio just coming back, it's going to be hard for me to just thrust him in there and let him go again," Jackson said. "I think we have to work him into our process. What will determine that is just how fast and how ready he is to go."

Bernard has missed three straight games with hip and shoulder injuries. He won't dominate snaps like he did before he got hurt, and perhaps will play about 50 percent of the time Sunday at Houston, the website suggested.

These two backs could form the best "Thunder & Lightening" combo that the NFL has seen in a long time.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
For what it is worth Coach Mike Pettine said Wednesday that Josh Gordon will be on a "pitch count" this week.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
But if you've held him for weeks now you are most likely going to start him but beware, dude isn't in game shape, didn't try at all in preseason, hasn't been hit in months and could pop a hammy on the first play. :D

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Pierre Thomas returned to practice today for the Saints, Khiry Robinson did not and Cadet DNP due to a new hamstring injury.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Charles Sims was added to the Bucs' injury report Thursday, getting in a limited session with an ankle issue.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Emmanuel Sanders returned to practice today for Denver and it sounds like J Thomas was there as well. we'll get more news on these two later today.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
This Huh-Oh comes to us from rotoworld.com

Jonas Gray was not permitted to practice on Friday because he showed up late to the Patriots' facility.