2012 Close Call #6: Larry Fitzgerald vs Andre Johnson

2012 Close Call #6: Larry Fitzgerald vs Andre Johnson

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Gonna go Andre, with Schaub back and him healthy....I hope, I love his potential. Fitz is awesome, and less injury risk, but the Qb situation is awful there.

jjtweeks

That's what i am thinking as well. The qb situation in Arizona is just not gonna help fitz
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Remote Controller

I am very suprised with the results given the ADP's I've been seeing, but completely agree. I will take johnson over Fitz quite easily.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'm with TD, fitz has been going earlier, but AJ is a guy I am targeting mid to late 2nd rd.

deuce4321

Driller
I own Aj in a dynasty league and he is aggravating to own as he's always On the injury report. Fitzgerald for me

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Fitzgerald for me no matter one of the worst QB situations in the league. I'll take 15 weeks of something from a stud over 12 weeks from another.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'll take 15 weeks of something from a stud over 12 weeks from another.
Going to combine conversations going in two of the close calls here for a second.

Interesting take.....AJ has only missed 24% of his games over the past 5 yrs.....and played a full 16 games 40% of those seasons.

Stafford has missed 40% of his games over his 3 year career and played a full 16 game season 33% of those seasons.

yet...
Stafford proved he can stay healthy

And you have concerns over AJ who has a better play % over a longer time.

Just goes to show....if you like the player enough you can justify an injury history.....

Me....I love AJ's talent and will roll the dice here yet I will dock Stafford for the injury history.

You.....would rather take the solid, steady and dependable Fitz and dock AJ's injury history yet roll the dice on Stafford staying upright 2 years in a row based on his tremendous upside and supporting talent.

And this is why I LOVE doing these threads! I love to see the differences in opinions and why people like one player over another.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
No Sir it's more of a case at seeing the trends and the trend for AJ has become injured time and again while Stafford is trending towards staying on the field. I don't give a squat for what a plyer did five, four or even three years ago. Ask AJ owners how happy they were to have their stud sitting out multiple games lately. As far as loving a player I have never owned Fitz and did own AJ back in his "healthy" years.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
No Sir it's more of a case at seeing the trends and the trend for AJ has become injured time and again while Stafford is trending towards staying on the field. I don't give a squat for what a plyer did five, four or even three years ago. Ask AJ owners how happy they were to have their stud sitting out multiple games lately. As far as loving a player I have never owned Fitz and did own AJ back in his "healthy" years.
The I completely disagree with you and your falling into the trap of who did what last year. Sorry Mud, but Stafford hasn't shown a trend of squat....he did it ONE year...that is not a trend, it's ONE year!

A trend is exactly what you claim you don't give a squat about.....what you do over 3...4....or even 5 years! That creates a statistical trend....not ONE year! And ask those same AJ owners how they liked their stud WR in 08 & 09 when he put together back to back 16 game seasons?? Something Stafford has not done yet....(so again, how can 1 year be a trend?). We have all been down this road with AJ before. After the 07' season many wondered if they could trust him or not to stay healthy, all he did was go out and put up back to back 100 rec, 1500 yd seasons.

Look at the whole picture and not just what has been done for one season. I can't knock Fitz, he's a stud and has been on two of my keeper squads for years. He's as reliable as they come but he has failed to ever hit 1500 yds in a year and the last time he caught 100 balls was 2007. So there is a ceiling on him. If I am trying tp predict who is going to excel this year, I think it's AJ by a hair, but you can't go wrong playing it safe with Fitz.....

Guess it comes down to viewing trends as something repeated over time or just going out and doing it once...as long as that once was last year.

Zach

I am one of the Fitz votes.

Fitz with a horrible QB situation and no help on the field still puts up numbers.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Disagree with you on the length of time required to see a trend develop but even using your own definition the trend for AJ has been to play less and less games each year then the year before unless you'd choose to ignore the last 730 days or so. 2009=16 games, 2010=13 games, 2011=7 games, 2012-?? games. That my friend is a trend by any definition and the trend is bad news for fantasy fans if it continues.

Arctic Dawgs

I'm not getting hung up on games missed a whole lot. I want PPG. My backups are supposed to hold the fort for a couple games + byes. I don't want the "I'm not sure" injuries. IN OR OUT. That is 1 of the reasons I let Romo go for Stafford last year. Worked out last year, I'll see this year. That is where you win or lose

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Disagree with you on the length of time required to see a trend develop but even using your own definition the trend for AJ has been to play less and less games each year then the year before unless you'd choose to ignore the last 730 days or so. 2009=16 games, 2010=13 games, 2011=7 games, 2012-?? games. That my friend is a trend by any definition and the trend is bad news for fantasy fans if it continues.
Very true....just don't see that as a trend that will continue, but can't argue with the observation at all. But I would bet my house that AJ plays more than 7 games at some point in his career again ;)