2011 Free Agent RB Discussion

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I also need everyone to know that if Willie Parker ever manages to get a job again Sarge would LOVE to be the first to know.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
A list of FA RBs (the important ones) in 2011 - Who goes where? Who needs to be re-signed? Who is over the hill?

Update after draft and not knowing what happens with new CBA
Tim Hightower - Arizona Cardinals - I think they retain him, and let Beanie go. Not sure how much longer Beanie has on his contract though.

Jerrious Norwood - Atlanta Falcons - gone. They drafted his replacement.
Jason Snelling - Atlanta Falcons - Keep, they drafted change of pace back, but he has shown he can fill in when needed as a #1.

DeAngelo Williams - Carolina Panthers - I will assume this will be a new CBA, and he goes unrestricted. If so, I think he is gone. I know Carolina wants him, but he will get high money. Won't be shocked to see him in Denver, re-united with his old HC.

Cedric Benson - Cincinnati Bengals - Better be back. Rookie qb, or new Qb at the helm, means they go back to old style black and blue running. They need him up the middle. If not, they need to get a replacement in FA.
Brian Leonard - Cincinnati Bengals - Back, great 3rd down option, and I don't see alot of interest from other teams

Lawrence Maroney - Denver Broncos - Gone, and good riddence.

Kevin Smith - Detroit Lions - Gone, and its a shame, had he not kept getting hurt, he could have been what Leshoure will be for Detroit.

Brandon Jackson - Green Bay Packers - Gone, they drafted for depth.

Joseph Addai - Indianapolis Colts - Not sure, but unless he will take a whole lot less, he is gone.

Ronnie Brown - Miami Dolphins
Ricky Williams - Miami Dolphins
Patrick Cobbs - Miami Dolphins (mentioned only because the others are FAs too) - One of the two, either Brown or Williams will be gone. My guess is Brown is definately gone due to who they drafted. But Williams burned a whole lot of bridges.

Kevin Faulk - New England Patriots
Sammy Morris - New England Patriots
Fred Taylor - New England Patriots
Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis - New England Patriots (Only an RFA, but mentioned due to others) - Morris and Taylor are gone, due to who is drafted. Lawfirm will be back if they take less money, but may lose starting gig. Faulk I think retires...he was really beat up.

Pierre Thomas - New Orleans Saints - First he was re-signed, so he is no longer an FA. That being said you don't draft a back in the first round and pay him and not use him. P.T. goes back to being solid depth.

Ahmad Bradshaw - New York Giants - :dunno: but I think he may be gone.
DJ Ward - New York Giants - who cares?

Michael Bush - Oakland Raiders - They will try to keep him. If he is UFA though, I think someone overpays to get him.

Jerome Harrison - Philadelphia Eagles - I think they want to keep him, but he won't be starter. Only depth.

Mewelde Moore - Pittsburgh Steelers - I think they try to keep him for change of pace

Darren Sproles - San Diego Chargers - Gone to FA, he will be too expensive to keep. They supposedly drafted his replacement, but I am not sure they have.
Mike Tolbert - San Diego Chargers - Keep, they need depth due to Matthews.

Brian Westbrook - San Francisco 49ers - Gone, they drafted for depth.

Leon Washington - Seattle Seahawks - I think they keep him.

Kenneth Darby - St Louis Rams (the once cuff to SJax) - Gone, look for St. L. to get a rb in FA.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Kevin Faulk - New England Patriots Morris and Taylor are gone, due to who is drafted. Lawfirm will be back if they take less money, but may lose starting gig. Faulk I think retires...he was really beat up.

Last I read Faulk probably has a roster spot IF he wants it. Just not sure he will want it.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
A list of FA RBs (the important ones) in 2011 - Who goes where? Who needs to be re-signed? Who is over the hill?

Update after draft and not knowing what happens with new CBA
Tim Hightower - Arizona Cardinals - I think they retain him, and let Beanie go. Not sure how much longer Beanie has on his contract though. I agree here. Wells has been a huge dissapointment. Hightower has been the only spark in the Zona running game.

Jerrious Norwood - Atlanta Falcons - gone. They drafted his replacement.Agree
Jason Snelling - Atlanta Falcons - Keep, they drafted change of pace back, but he has shown he can fill in when needed as a #1.Turner had the most carries in the NFL last year and wore down throughout the season. They need to keep Snelling because he can fill in as the #1.

DeAngelo Williams - Carolina Panthers - I will assume this will be a new CBA, and he goes unrestricted. If so, I think he is gone. I know Carolina wants him, but he will get high money. Won't be shocked to see him in Denver, re-united with his old HC.Denver is a good guess as to where he would go. I doubt Carolina can afford him.

Cedric Benson - Cincinnati Bengals - Better be back. Rookie qb, or new Qb at the helm, means they go back to old style black and blue running. They need him up the middle. If not, they need to get a replacement in FA.I've heard Benson wants a big contract. I think Cinci keeps him, but I think he breaks down half way through the season.
Brian Leonard - Cincinnati Bengals - Back, great 3rd down option, and I don't see alot of interest from other teams

Lawrence Maroney - Denver Broncos - Gone, and good riddence.Get out of football!

Kevin Smith - Detroit Lions - Gone, and its a shame, had he not kept getting hurt, he could have been what Leshoure will be for Detroit.Totally agree

Brandon Jackson - Green Bay Packers - Gone, they drafted for depth.He sucked

Joseph Addai - Indianapolis Colts - Not sure, but unless he will take a whole lot less, he is gone.Agree

Ronnie Brown - Miami Dolphins
Ricky Williams - Miami Dolphins
Patrick Cobbs - Miami Dolphins (mentioned only because the others are FAs too) - One of the two, either Brown or Williams will be gone. My guess is Brown is definately gone due to who they drafted. But Williams burned a whole lot of bridges.I think Brown is gone. The new rookie will be the starter.

Kevin Faulk - New England Patriots
Sammy Morris - New England Patriots
Fred Taylor - New England Patriots
Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis - New England Patriots (Only an RFA, but mentioned due to others) - Morris and Taylor are gone, due to who is drafted. Lawfirm will be back if they take less money, but may lose starting gig. Faulk I think retires...he was really beat up.

Pierre Thomas - New Orleans Saints - First he was re-signed, so he is no longer an FA. That being said you don't draft a back in the first round and pay him and not use him. P.T. goes back to being solid depth.

Ahmad Bradshaw - New York Giants - :dunno: but I think he may be gone.He came into his own last year, but had some fumbling issues. I'd like to see him stay in New York, but he might want too much money. Let's hope he won't be another Derrick Ward and dissapear with a new team.
DJ Ward - New York Giants - who cares?

Michael Bush - Oakland Raiders - They will try to keep him. If he is UFA though, I think someone overpays to get him.They need to keep him. He is a bruiser and can step in and take the #1 role in case DMac goes down with injury.

Jerome Harrison - Philadelphia Eagles - I think they want to keep him, but he won't be starter. Only depth.Agree

Mewelde Moore - Pittsburgh Steelers - I think they try to keep him for change of paceAgree

Darren Sproles - San Diego Chargers - Gone to FA, he will be too expensive to keep. They supposedly drafted his replacement, but I am not sure they have.Agree, he will want too much money
Mike Tolbert - San Diego Chargers - Keep, they need depth due to Matthews.

Brian Westbrook - San Francisco 49ers - Gone, they drafted for depth.He should just retire.

Leon Washington - Seattle Seahawks - I think they keep him.Electric returner

Kenneth Darby - St Louis Rams (the once cuff to SJax) - Gone, look for St. L. to get a rb in FA.