2011 AFC CG: BAL @ NEP

RLLD

I agree that the best team doesn't always win, but I'd like to hear your unbias (cough) version as to how you can say the Raven's are the better team. I don't think it's widely accepted that they are. Personally I think it's a toss up, but NE was the #1 seed. That's why your comment comes across as sour grapes.

I get it. But as I watched the game I saw the Raven's as a more complete team, and the better team.

I was most pleased that the ref's did not succumb to Thomosina's girly little stare downs every time he got touched, and called the game very well. i was expecting the typical biased calls going the pat's way, but that did not happen. The mistakes they made were pure and mostly acceptable.

The Raven's had the game in hand and gave it away, and for them the blame is across the board, but I mostly look at the drops by the WR's; not counting the touchdown catch at the end, which was a catch and not a drop. but I digress.,...

JScott

Administrator
I get it. But as I watched the game I saw the Raven's as a more complete team, and the better team.

I was most pleased that the ref's did not succumb to Thomosina's girly little stare downs every time he got touched, and called the game very well. i was expecting the typical biased calls going the pat's way, but that did not happen. The mistakes they made were pure and mostly acceptable.

The Raven's had the game in hand and gave it away, and for them the blame is across the board, but I mostly look at the drops by the WR's; not counting the touchdown catch at the end, which was a catch and not a drop. but I digress.,...

Well, I'm sure it's no surprise that I see it differently. Brady played one of the worst games I've seen (no doubt due in large part to the Ravens D) but Baltimore won the TO battle +2 and didn't capitalize due in large part to the Pats D.

I do agree with you though that the refs staying out of it was in general a good thing.

I could easily say the Pats had the game in hand after the Spikes INT too. Then gave it away with the deep ball INT on the next play (which btw is play that I don't think is getting enough credit, that was an amazing INT play). They had been moving the ball on BAL with the short passing game and counter runs, there was no need for that pass.

But the point is both teams "had the game in hand" and gave it away. It wasn't one sided.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you hold T Brady to 0TD passes and lose the game?

T Sizzle, you my friend fizzled out....

Flacco, how can you overthrow T Smith twice and than underthrow him once?

Leach wide open for a TD and Joe doesn't seem him, had to settle for 3...

What a game!

Ravens once again find a way to lose

btw....Skip Bayless the biggest Raven hater in the nation thought that was Lee Evans TD....just sayin

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I had forgot how great that defense was Mutt and it was a big part of winning my league. I'd have never, ever thought they'd shut Brady out.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
I was watching it today and he said himself that he depises the Ravens more than anyone, not sure why. Must be a long story beacuse he didnt go into it. Did anyone see Suggs on the show today? Supposedly he called Bayless a Douchebag on live TV

RLLD

I was watching it today and he said himself that he depises the Ravens more than anyone, not sure why. Must be a long story beacuse he didnt go into it. Did anyone see Suggs on the show today? Supposedly he called Bayless a Douchebag on live TV

yes, bayless is a D-bag, but he is correct, it was a catch and TD, just a bad judgement by the refs on that one, regardless, the Raven's let the Pat's have too much, it should have never come down to that play, they should have wont he game easily, credit the Pat's for playing well enough to win it in the end.

JScott

Administrator
and credit V Worfolk for being the best player on the field yesterday

He was a beast but I kept wondering why BAL wasn't double-teaming him. On the first few O series he was just man-handling the Ravens center pushing straight into the backfield. Then on a few key plays at the end of the game they went back to only blocking him with the center. Wasn't sure if it was a mix up by the line's blocking or it was actually called that way.

JScott

Administrator
it was a catch and TD, just a bad judgement by the refs on that one

You can say that all you want Ray but by the rules as they are now a receiver has to "complete" the catch even in the endzone, it's no longer simply possession with two feet down for split second.

And this coming from two Giants fans and a Jet fan on another board (just for perspective from fans who hate the Patriots)...

NFL Videos: Championship Sunday Can't-Miss Plays: Ravens missed chances sends Pats to Indy

ETA:* Upon review I think it was the right call.* He doesn't get the 2nd foot down before the ball starts coming loose.*

f*ck that's close.* I think he got his toe down before losing the ball but I can understand the non reversal since it's so close.

I'd agree on the incomplete call. *I can't believe he didn't hold on but the DB made a great play. *Hard to put too much blame on Evans.

RLLD

We can agree to disagree.... :)

Yes he caught it, put both feet down, to disallow it is a slight to the sport..... but again, the Raven's let the Patriots have it, the game should have never come down to that play in the first place.

No worries, the draft is coming up, hopefully the Giants don't blow it as well, they are likely the best team in the NFL right now with the way they are playing and their play across their team.

JScott

Administrator
We can agree to disagree.... :)

:highfive:

And I also agree the receiving rule is stupid. If you only need a split second to break the plane when carrying it in, why not the same when receiving it. Why is the continuation with possession necessary?