2010 Rookie of the Year Watch!

Runnik's Hambones

The first quarter of the regular season is over, and after every quarter we'll take a look at the top rookie stats and discuss how they have impacted their team and their run to becoming the 2010 rookie of the year.

Choose an overall 2010 Rookie of the Year, 2010 Offensive Rookie of the Year, 2010 Defensive Rookie of the Year, and we will visit this again at the half way mark!

Candidates:

Sam Bradford QB St. Louis - 115/203 (56.7%), 1159 passing yards (5.7 average), 6 TDs, 8 INT, 66.5 QB Rating

Ryan Mathews RB San Diego - 43 attempts, 218 yards (5.1 average), 1 TD, 2 Fum, 5 rec, 44 yards

Jahvid Best RB Detroit - 68 attempts, 241 yards (3.5 average), 4 TD, 1 Fum, 25 rec, 254 yards, 1 TD

CJ Spiller RB Buffalo - 19 attempts, 80 yards (4.2 average), 13 rec, 48 yards, 1 TD, 1 Return TD

Dexter McCluster WR Kansas City - 7 rec, 93 yards, 1 TD, 1 Ret TD

Jermaine Gresham TE Cincinnati - 22 rec, 158 yards, 2 TD

Tony Moeaki TE Kansas City - 16 rec, 173 yards, 2 TD

Mike Williams WR Tampa Bay - 19 rec, 238 yards, 3 TD, 2 Fum

Aaron Hernandez TE New England - 18 rec, 240 yards

Dez Bryant WR Dallas - 17 rec, 180 yards, return TD

Ndamukong Suh DT Detroit - 18 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 INT

Alterraun Verner CB Tennessee - 30 tackles, 1 INT

Kareem Jackson CB Houston - 25 tackles, 1 INT

Earl Thomas S Seattle - 23 tackles - 3 INT

Nate Allen S Philadelphia - 18 tackles, 1 sack, 3 INT

Sean Weatherspoon LB Atlanta - 29 tackles, 1 sack

Perrish Cox CB Denver - 17 tackles, 1 INT

Cody Grimm S Tampa Bay - 20 tackles, 1 INT

TJ Ward S Cleveland - 43 tackles, 1 FF

Rolando McClain - 31 tackles

Daryl Washington - 31 tackles

Last edited by a moderator:

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
J.Best IMO is still the better RB's of the class at this point even with his turf toe slowing him down, if he can shake his often injured knock from his college days and stay healthy could have a good to great NFL season

Last edited by a moderator:

#1bears fan

The sad thing is if they let him I believe it would be Spiller. As of now I would have to say Bradford. Not the best numbers but he is the most valuable player on that team if he goes down all there games will be blacked out again.

Runnik's Hambones

Right now, it's hard to argue with Jahvid Best's statistics as the the guy for overall rookie player of the year. However, what player has had the most impact on their team?

On offense, I think Bradford and Mike Williams have impacted their team the most. And out of the two, the Bucs are currently 3-1. With 4 games down, Mike Williams has helped this team win the same amount of games that they had all year last season. That, IMO, is the most impact so far.

My runner up, going along the same lines concerning impact, is Tony Moeaki. A 3rd round TE that has become a dangerous starter for the Chiefs. Like the Bucs, they are off to one of the best starts in the NFL, thanks to some extra coaching and a good draft class.

On defense, Ndamukong Suh, Alterraun Verner, Kareem Jackson, Earl Thomas, and Nate Allen all stand out. It's too early, I think, to crown a top D player.

Osiris

Fantasy Football Pharaoh
Come on people...take Suh off that Lions D-line and it's trash. Suh's impact on the Lions defense as a whole is unmatched by any other rookie.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Bradford has that team believing they can win any game, despite all the injuries to the passing game. Gotta go Bradford.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
The Buccaneer Babe in me reeaaaalllly wants to say Mike Williams because he's ability to open up the passing game and give Freeman viable targets is creating enough of the much needed balance to allow the running game to find their feet and the team to find the end zone more often than not.

But even with all that glory, a WR isn't a critical as the QB in terms of leadership and game day execution glories so I'm leaning towards Orgazmo and Bradford for similar reasons stated above.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
Sam Bradford became the first rookie in NFL history to pass for at least 300 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a road victory last week at Denver.

Hall of Famer John Elway accomplished the feat in a 1983 home game. Bradford also became the first No. 1 overall pick to win two rookie of the month awards. Even better, he's on pace to threaten Peyton Manning's rookie records for attempts (575), completions (326), passing yards (3,739), and TDs (26).
Source: Bellevue News-Democrat

Vicious_Machine

Has Bradford pretty much locked this up? The Rams are still in 1st in the NFC West.

I think Dez was making a push back into picture but back to back bad weeks.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
St. Louis QB Sam Bradford claimed the Associated Press Offensive Rookie of the Year on Friday, becoming the first top pick in the NFL Draft to win the award since 1981 (George Rogers).