2009 Sports Outlaw Official Player Rankings

Arctic Dawgs

From the Drew Bennett thread

Granted the Ravens ran the ball more than any other team in the NFL last year (44% pass to 56% run) and with the additions of veteran Matt Birk at center and draftee RT Michael Oher the Ravens should be able to improve their running game over last year. That being said it is imperative for them to go after a quality WR for Joe Flacco to continue his development. The Ravens receivers with experience are a pretty weak bunch.

Couple that with the McClain/Maghee news over the last month.

:hmmm:

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Great job on the player rankings.

I only have one question: what's so great about Darren McFadden? Is there something I don't know?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Great job on the player rankings.

I only have one question: what's so great about Darren McFadden? Is there something I don't know?
Was waiting for this question, lol.

I love what he bring to the table. Last year as a rookie he never really got going. He showed flashes of what he could do but injuries limited his full impact. He's healthy now and if he stays that way I expect him to fulfill the promise many expected out of him to begin with.

One thing that Oakland can do is run the ball, if D-Mac can establish himself as the guy and get 65% of the carries he will be in store for the year I think he will have.

Arctic Dawgs

Again
Originally Posted by Arctic Dawgs
What were some of the changes and the reasoning behind them ??

Also there is a glitch in the links. If you are on Regular or PPR scoring ranks and click the link to see the other scoring, they both take you to PPR scoring.

If you are viewing the PPR scoring and wish to see the Regular scoring erase the "-ppr" in the address bar at the top of your window

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
AD, I don't keep track of the old rankings, once they are changed, they are changed. Reasoning is what I have seen thus far as far as development and training camp info.

I will look into the link.

Jvirtue55

I'm starting to feel that it might actually be CJ. Growing his ego and talking smack leads to trouble.

He's also stuck firmly in a committee with Lendale who seems to be in the best shape of his career. The "Every Coaches Dream" thing might even motivate Lendale more.

Another thing, and this is purely my prediction, I think the Tennessee offense is abysmal this season.

I agree I really worry about CJ for all the reason you are saying come on Lendale quit drinking Patron now he is down 35 pounds

Jvirtue55

Why is Ronnie Brown so high? The Fins schedule is way harder this year, The Wildcat is not new anymore and they drafted Pat White to run the Wildcat. He scored most of his TDs last year in one game when they shoved the Wildcat up the Patriots Asses. I think he is a top 20 back but not a top 10 back

Trickster

Why is Ronnie Brown so high? The Fins schedule is way harder this year, The Wildcat is not new anymore and they drafted Pat White to run the Wildcat. He scored most of his TDs last year in one game when they shoved the Wildcat up the Patriots Asses. I think he is a top 20 back but not a top 10 back

And I think Ricky Williams will be taking more carries as well.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
May be a tad high, but this is based on the 2 year ACL recovery. He was decent last year, but it takes two years to get back to the form you had preinjury for most backs. I think you'll see more of the Ronnie you saw before he hurt his knee in 2007.....the Ronnie that was the clear #1 RB that year before his injury.

As far as Ricky the weed getting more carries: Child, please! ;) Ricky is ricky, he will play a similar role to last year, but at 32 yrs old he is a role player and not a go to guy. I don't think he even repeats his numbers from last year.

lowsingle24

Please explain to me why slaton is so low? I know chris brown is supposedly the goal line back, but there is no reason slaton will not match or exceed last years numbers. That would put him at least top 8 overall in runningbacks. The houston offense is actually very good. They should put up a lot of pts this year, and with slaton adding 10 pounds of bulk in the offseason, the small back he was once thought to be is no more. He will break through tackles on the line and use his speed and agility to have defenses chasing him all over the field.