2009 Franchise and Transition Tag tender numbers

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
The National Football Post | Franchise & Transition Tags Analysis

Quarterback franchise number is $14.65 million and the transition figure is $12.44 million.
Wide receiver franchise number is $9.88 million and the transition figure is $8.39 million.
Offensive line franchise number is $8.45 million and the transition figure is $7.74 million.
Running back franchise number is $6.62 million and the transition figure is $5.92 million.
Tight end franchise number is $4.46 million and the transition figure is $4.07 million.
Defensive end franchise number is $8.99 million and the transition figure is $7.78 million.
Defensive tackle franchise number is $6.06 million and the transition figure is $5.45 million.
Linebacker franchise number is $8.3 million and the transition figure is $7.48 million.
Safety franchise number is $6.34 million and the transition figure is $5.13 million.
Cornerback franchise number is $9.96 million and the transition figure is $8.37 million.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
strangely low numbers (comparatively) there for a few of them. why are RB and DT so low? looks like haynesworth should get tagged for sure.

who are some of the other top candidates to get the tag?

matt cassell
tj houshmandzadeh

who else?

Coachnorm

Free agent Albert Haynesworth says he is not willing to take a hometown discount to stay in his native Tennessee

Coachnorm

According to the NY Daily News, free agent Brandon Jacobs is seeking a contract similar to the one Dallas gave Marion Barber last offseason.

Barber's pays $45M over seven years with $16M guaranteed.

Coachnorm

Peppers may get tagged, too.

Peppers already gets paid more than any other DE in the league so he may fall into that or 20% raise category instead of the top 5 average salary category. This could make him very expensive to tag.

Coachnorm

Interesting, O!!! Sproles could be trade bait or franchised, that is one of the big offseason decision for the chargers. They probably can't afford to keep Sproles if LT doesn't restructure for the equivalent of a hometown discount.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Interesting, O!!! Sproles could be trade bait or franchised, that is one of the big offseason decision for the chargers. They probably can't afford to keep Sproles if LT doesn't restructure for the equivalent of a hometown discount.

depends on a the team's cap space I guess. From the sound of it, teams sitting on available cap will be using it up this year because of the capless season.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Trying to think off the top of my head. Doesn't Rivers need to be resigned soon also. Merriman?

Yep. Rivers, Merriman and Sproles are the three big items to address. And LT, of course. Sounds like SD has 15.5mil in cap space (unconfirmed).

And to correct myself from before - 2010 is capless, while 2009 will be around 123 million.

Coachnorm

With the DT and DE numbers we have Peppers and Jared Allen making mega bucks more than the next 4 players. Those other 4 top players/ salaries are probably keeping the number close to last years figures.

So OL is all one in the same, but DL is split with tackles and ends....interesting.

QUOTE=Orgazmo;278280]Sooooo anyone think 6.6mil is too much for what Sproles brings to the table? :worried3:[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! No way Sproles is worth that amount IMO. Especially not when you have guys like Rivers and Merriman to worry about.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I gotta agree. I think you let Sproles go, just like you let Turner walk. Then you try to draft to refill that role, and hope you can keep LT2 for a year or so more.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I think you try to sign Sproles.....but you can't FT him....and reality is someone will probally overpay, in that case, you have to let him walk.